another minishow!

this is roselie's mini from our barb in hawaii. she says:

"Thank you so much for the the quilt that you made, Barbara. Someday I hope to be able to machine quilt like that. I am undecided whether to hang it in my sewing room or my entrance way. The label on the back is outstanding and love how you made a pocket out of it. I am enjoying reading the book and listening to the Hawaiian music CD that you also sent. And of course, both my DH and I are enjoying the macadamia nuts. I feel like I have my little bit of Hawaii here on the east coast."

post--13461906013406_thumb.jpg

You are welcome, Rosalie.

I am glad you are enjoying a little "Aloha"!

The piecing pattern is called "Twinkle" and it was a technique new to me (set-in seams)... out of my comfort zone! The quilting freehand.

The label has it's own story - this is my other "passion" I love photography and the label is a picture I took of a majito (finch). Once in a while, we see these bright little birds flitting and flying as couples or flocks. They are really quite small - 2 to 3 inches. We do not have hummingbirds on the islands :(( . These sunny little majitos are a wonderful substitute and I cannot help but smile, when I spot them!

Once again, Shannon, this exchange is a lot of fun (although I felt a little deadline pressure at the end). My family is all quilted up and these exchanges, help us tap into our need to quilt and connect with others!!!

Archived