Hey - So what's with the hole? Giant Dahlia

I received a king size giant dahlia to quilt. This quilt is impecibly pieced and lies perfectly flat. The very center of the dahlia does not meet. There are 16 seams in the center, so it could be quite bulky. The hole is small, smaller than a dime, bigger than a pencil eraser. The maker took the class from a well known out-of-town instructor. She read the instructions over and over and can't see where or if she went wrong. A few e-mails to the instructor have been unanswered.The maker does not want to applique over it. She gave me permission to place a piece of one of her fabrics underneath and quilt the center to cover-up (threadplay). Has anyone ever seen anything like this? This is my first dahlia quilt. And for something this large, I would certainly expect that the center would be secured. So, what's with the hole?

Guest Linda S

Sounds like an error in piecing. There should not be a hole there. Sounds like you have a good idea to cover it up. Could also be a nice place to put some hot-fix crystals! ;)

Linda

Archived