PattyJo

My Feathered Star quilt took 2nd

The Feathered Star quilt that I did last summer took 2nd place in it's category at the Mid Valley Quilt Guild Show. I was so surprised. Here is a picture of the quilt with the ribbon....

2649878210094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

And here is a close up ....

2381304770094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

C9C76B5257D2C02397F9A72A2E02FC3D.png

APQS Millennium with Smooth M&M Wheels

Pat Noonan Design Studio, Custom Quilting

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Libby, I can't remember which batting I used.:( When I do a customer quilt, I write it all down, but for myself, I just use what's handy!! I need to learn to write things down for myself too!

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

Oh I remember this one! :) Beautiful quilt, ribbon and lady, too.

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Thanks everyone. I was talked into entering this quilt and I really didn't think it would win. I was happily surprised to see the ribbon on it. ;)

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

PattyJo, your quilt is very beautiful and unusual in its technique. I'm curious about the raised twisted effect you got with the thin inner border -- is it stuffed? Or if not, the twist seems so consistent -- how did you do that? I love the look!

Joan

Hi Joan,

I did a wiggle stitching line over the seam rather than a SID on both sides and that is just the way it turned out. I guess my wiggles are consistent! LOL I too liked the look and have used that on a couple of customer quilts as well. I think it looks like a soft rope and no there isn't any additional batting in there. Just the way it came out!:)

503-559-9686

pjnoonan@ymail.com

Wahoo!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh Pat this is wonderful. It is such a beautiful quilt and totally deserving of the ribbon. Sending a big clap, clap, clap

068AE7983835931B5513447E68ECA1B3.png

Bekah

Shepherd's Garden Quilting

APQS Sales Representative

APQS Millenium

www.shepherdsgardenquilting.com

Is this the same quilt you had to re-do because the black fabric pulled apart? It is Beautiful!!!!!!!! Congrats!.

I plan on driving down to Eugene and want to stop and have coffee, can I see it then?

Melora

Patty Jo, as Heidi said, you are looking good. Love avatars that look like the people now, not 30 years ago. lol..

The quilt is so pretty, I think it should have taken Best of Show and Viewers Choice too... it really is just gorgeous.

CONGRATS