NQR Maddie for Easter

Finally I got to hold my Maddie! Oh how wonderful that felt and I didn't really want to put her down but she made me!!!! LOL She is so beautiful and I absolutely loved having her for Easter. She found her Easter basket with a little assistance but her Easter Egg Hunt she didn't really need much help. We did the egg hunt inside but nobdoy cared. Her mommy actually sent a dress to daddy's for her to wear. No tights though but I told daddy I had some here so no problem. She told her mommy I have my pretty dress on but no tights but that is ok because my Aunt Heidi has them. I'm just so thankful to have been able to spend the whole day with her. She is such a cutie. Here are the picture you all requested.

post--13461906030942_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh she is so beautiful and looks so happy to be with you! I am so glad you were able to spend a day with her!!! What a blessing!!! I love her "hello kitty" slippers - my Abby loves hello kitty - where did you find them? Sounds like maybe her mom is giving a little?

Vicki I think I got the Hello Kitty slippers at either Walmart or Target. I got them last winter so I'm not positive. She loves them though. I just love her smile and she is almost always happy like that! She makes it easy to love her. Her mother is at least letting her father have her. She won't give to me just yet I'm sure! It isn't like she can tell BIL where he can and can't go but I'd bet she'd try if she thought she could get away with it. She was very willing to not have her today. I'm actually always surprised how easy it is to have her on special holidays. Christmas she only wanted her for 2 hours! I can't even imagine. Good for BIL though. I hope that it stays that way. Her mother just has a habit of withholding her unless she gets exactly what she wants.

First thing I thought when I saw the first photo was "Wow, she is really growing up!" :)

Thanks for sharing the photos, Heidi. I am glad you all got to spend time with her today. You are a positive role model and blessing in this child's life.

PS: So glad you had those white tights on hand... they really made the outfit "Easter perfect" :)

Thanks everybody. She sure has grown! LOL we all thought she grew at least 2". The first thing she asked me to do for her is braid her hair. She loves french braid ponytails but she was way to wiggly for that. We did one braid instead. Shana not to worry we always have a supply of tights and dresses on hand, although it sure looks like I'll have to be buying some bigger ones! LOL Maddie is the clone of my daughter who Maddie refers to as "her Jen." LOL They are so much alike. I'll have to find a comparison picture of the two of them but there is no doubt they look a lot alike. It is really hard not having Maddie longer than 6 hours but I'm just so glad I got to have time with her.

Archived