Another Unreasonble Boss update

I have decided that I can longer work with this woman!! She has yet again insulted and embarrassed me! This time in front of a co-worker, customers and my friends that were there that day!! She said very loudly that I was the slowest person at cutting fat quarters! She did not mention the number of tasks she told me to do-rearrange the flannels, two mail orders cut and packaged, price and put away the new children's line, cut fabric for two new patterns for samples, the 24 bundles (5 coordinating fats from a line of fabric) all folded, tied, priced and put into display with still more cut - all while still waiting on customers and answering phone etc. all done in the two hours since I arrived at work. I politely, while fighting back tears explained all that had been accomplished and she turned and walked away!! I asked if she had heard me and she came back to the cutting counter and actually told me I take too much time making the bundles look nice!! Can you believe it??? After everything else I had done! Co-worker hugged me and said I did not deserve that!! When I make the bundles there are no raw edges or loose treads showing-I think when the display looks nice the store looks nice! She continually back-stabs her partner (her own sister-in law) and her children- She insults every sample in the store unless it's one she or her mother have done!! She does this loudly in the store no matter who is in there. This is a no win situation and tommorrow I am going to talk to other owner about all that has been said and ask to change my days to when "she-devil" is not there

Thank you everyone for your support and please WISH ME LUCK!!!

Best of Everything to You.

Don't let her get you down. You are a heartfelt, warm, campassionate person who deserves to be treated as such.

Go in there "guns blazing" hold no punches, and let the owner know exactly where you stand, what you need and what will happen if your needs are not met. This way the shop has no problem with seeing the whole picture and from your point of view.

Originally posted by sewhappy

She continually back-stabs her partner (her own sister-in law) and her children- She insults every sample in the store unless it's one she or her mother have done!! She does this loudly in the store no matter who is in there. This is a no win situation and tommorrow I am going to talk to other owner about all that has been said and ask to change my days to when "she-devil" is not there

Sewhappy, if she backstabs her Sister in law you know she backstabs everyone else, too. I highly doubt that talking with the other owner (the sister in law) is going to do any good.

If I recall from your previous posts, this negative working environment has been going on for quite some time. It hasn't improved. It's not going to improve.

I guess it's time for you to make a decision on how you want to control your life. Write down the plusses and minuses down on the paper for working in this shop. Carefully look at each + and - then ask yourself if this is what you really want to deal with on a regular basis in the future.

Like I said before, you don't have the power to control other people's actions and behaviors, but you have absolute power and control on how you live your life.

Think about it. Life is way waay too short to deal with this kind of garbage from someone. Do you really need it? I don't think so. Time to move on upward. Time to make that difficult decision for your own personal happiness.

Sometimes really bad things (like this) happen in our lives but from those bad experiences, something really incredible and wonderful usually comes from them. You become a better person from these bad times.

OK, so become that better person. Take the high road. Take a chance and make a change. You might be pleasantly surprised what wonderful things will come from leaving this negative place. You will never know unless you are brave and just do it.

No job is worth your stress and negative. You need to surround yourself with positive things and positive people. You really need to leave.

Onward and upward! :):):):):):):)

Shana

I agree with Linda--look for another job. Shana said a lot of good stuff, too. You do not need to be treated like dirt and you do not need to work in a hostile work environment which this woman has created. Believe me, I know from experience exactly what you are going through and you will be much better off out of that place. Be strong and whatever you decide to do, do it for you:)

Gable

Its a fact that God opens a window when a door is closed....this door is closing fast so start looking for the window....it very well could already be open you just aren't seeing it yet.

As we all told you when this started a couple of weeks ago, this could very well be a battle that just wasn't worth the fight or the fight was going to be way bigger than you....its time to put your stake in the ground and decide either to fight this one out or cut your rope and move on to something less stressful and a better place for you.

Best of luck to you on whatever you decide.....take your control back and never give it to someone else again.

Archived