I just have share this you all hugs .....

May 1st Prayer...Now I lay me down to sleep...one less terrorist this world does keep...with all my heart I give my thanks...to those in uniform regardless of ranks...you serve our country and serve it well...with humble hearts your stories tell...so as I rest my weary eyes...while freedom rings our flag still flies...you give your all, do what you must...with God we live and God we trust....Amen

As the mother of a man that did SEAL training, and who is still in the Navy, along with numerous nephews and nieces, I appreciate the sacrifice these brave men and women give to keep the rest of us safe and free. Thanks to all of our troops regardless of which branch they serve. :):):):):):):):):)

Now prayers for those left to finish the job.

Amen! As you know I served 27 years in the Navy and have

lots of friends and family still in the Navy and Marine Corp. I work for the Navy and at the home of several Teams and including a special one. Lots of smiles but caution here. God be with all our militaryand the civilians (including families) who support them.

my dad was in the Navy & husband was inthe Air Force! Always proud of them & everyone who has served & thankful to their families for their sacrafices as well. One of my fondest memories of all those years of band concerts when the kids were in school-there was a concert rite before Veterans day, they were going to play a medly of the armed forces themes & the director asked for the members who have served in the audience to stand when they heard their song. Dh was not the only one who humble and took some encouragement from the kids to stand-The look of pride from my kids and the entire auditorium was enough to bring tears to my then AND now! Usually the audience applaudes at the end of a song but that nite there was a standing ovation-not for the kids in the band but for all those that served. The kids in the band were standing and applauding for them also! One of the BEST concerts we have ever been to!

Amen, My father-in-law was Navy, Husband served in the Air Force and Cousin was Army. God Bless all those who protect us. Best quote I heard was "The first chapter in the book of defeating Terrorism is now closed".

What an awesome prayer....I will need to share that with my hubby, who will enjoy it as well.

I'm such a sucker for a man in Uniform.....and when we travel and find a USO office we always stop and donate either money or food to the guys there. My hubby had enlisted with the Marines in '73, but he was in a horse wreck and broke both of his legs at the knee...they said they were sorry, but they needed him to be able to walk and they didn't think he would be able to so they released him from duty.

My Grandfather (first generation American) was in the Navy. UDT-7 (back then they were Frogmen), most of his brothers were Navy. My Dad was in the Navy, my Mom was too (Dad recruited her). My brother was USMC reserves and I am retired Navy. Let me tell you, those SEALs are the best of the best of the very best! Congrats to them/us all. Pray it gets better.

Love the band story--that is a great experience, everyone should see the Military Bands perform!

Archived