Getting my Mojo back

So yesterday and today I just had fun ordering 1/2 pieces for my granddaughter-to-be's quilt and bedding! My DIL wants it to have a beachy theme (everything in her house is beachy) and is settling in on seahorses. I've ordered an embroidery pack that has just the right designs and from that I will design my own appliques for the actual quilt. The bedding will have the embroidery on it. Embroidery can get too dense and I don't want it to be scratchy at all. We'll see how they stitch out. If they aren't too dense I'll use them. I just ordered a little over $100 worth of samples! LOL It feels so good to be excited about being creative!

Yeah, Isn't it just too much fun!! I too am getting anxious to start the baby ensemble, now if Tanya could just make up her mind on colors, she is stressing way too much about this! Lol, she just wants everything to be sooo perfect for this long awaited little one!!

Jeanne,

Lori is stressing too but I think we are getting it narrowed down. She is using light blue and a very dark coral as her base colors. We know that for the bumper pads she wants it to look like the ocean with blue for the sea and the bottom to be a very pale green and then add in seaweed, seahorses, fish and crabs. She sends me stuff she likes and then I made up a collage of the colors so that she can see how they will work together. The biggest problem we had last night is that she was picking colors with the same tones so nothing would really pop. The good thing is that she is open to my suggestions and we'll go from there. Just so much fun. Here is the sample of the colors I did for her this morning.

post--13461906120641_thumb.jpg

Thanks girls you just don't know how fun it is to feel creative again!!!! I think I just decided on the quilt, well at least one of the quilts! I'm sure Kailey will need at least two or three! LOL I have already done the Angel baby quilt for her. Just need to finish the binding on that. I showed it to guild the other night and they told me to make sure that baby wore a double diaper when she was on it and I said my grandbaby can poop on it if she wants to! LOL

The blue/green will be the bumper pads, although the green will be wavy and not straight. I just didn't need to spend a ton of time drafting it. It's sole purpose is to get an idea of the colors and how they all work together.

Originally posted by kennan100

Those are great colors for baby's room! Especially with the undersea theme. When you say the green will be wavy, do you mean the bumper pads will be wasvy on the top side? That would be waaaaay cool! Gatta see when you get it done!

Kenna,

No they won't be wavy, although that is a cut idea, but the green applique will be wavy on top of the water. This was the picture she found of bedding that has been discontinued but she wants something similar. We're changing colors and this was too busy for her. We're also making the bumper pads so that the scene is on the inside and not the outside. The slats on the crib are very close and you wouldn't be able to see the little sea life showing through.

post--13461906121402_thumb.jpg

Happy dancing again knowing that you will be able to spend time creating without the interruptions of someone calling your name or making thoughtless editorial comments. Just put the phone on auto answer or have hubby answer all calls. So glad for you,

Sharon:D

Archived