Lady of the Loch???

When I bought this top I could tell that the piecer had put a lot of thought into the fabrics and the piecing....the fabrics are a wonderful quality.

I have used this straight line quilting in wholecloths before...it's great for pushing back the background so I used that in all the light coloured triangles which let the darker triangles come forward....curved crosshatching and a feathered swirl with a pebbled spine finished each block.

I ghosted the straight line triangles out into the plain border....that left a corner space that was perfect for a feathered swirl....the fabric in the outer border is rather busy so a straight continuous feather finished off the quilting just right!

I used a double batting/wadding of Hobbs 80/20 and Quilters Dream wool, I used Filtec glide in the needle and bobbin.

As usual there are more photos and information on My Blog and in My Flickr Album ..…thanks for looking!

5681846332_a7881601ed_z.jpg

Lady of the Lake by Borderline Quilter, on Flickr

5681857100_987cc9811b_z.jpg

5681850728_495873a49d_z.jpg

Oh it looks so warm and cuddly! Darn just too warm here to cuddle up in it!

The quilting is beautiful and that double batting really makes your beautiful quilting pop!!!!

Love it!!! I really like the swirly feather!!!

Archived