M&M Wheels Installation--Need help

Read all about how easy it is to install M&M wheels so finally installed mine today. Thought I followed the instructions very carefully--Stitch Regulator does not work. When I push green button the light come on and when I push the blue button to go nothing happens. It stitches in non regulated mode. Also vertical channel lock does not work. I have rechecked all the wiring hookups, looked at instructions, rechecked the encoder wheels.

When I took the old wheels off, I discovered that the carriage encoder wheel did not have any set screws in it. It just fell off the bolt. Bought a set screw at the hardware store so I could tighten it back into place. What has this been doing to my stitching?

I have a call into APQS but am hoping someone has some ideas of what else I should check.

Donna, it sure sounds like something is unplugged somewhere - or not all the way plugged. What year is your machine? Did you take the head off the table to change out the wheels? And do you have the same symptoms from the back handles?

6:45 pm Dawn just called. Apparently I did not get the encoder wheels into the M&M wheel enough. So I will need to adjust the encoder wheel closer into the M&M. There is a set screw I need to adjust which hopefully will take care of the channel lock issue. Will tinker on it after dinner.

I had that happen when I installed my wheels last week. All the buttons lit up and beeped like they should but just a groaning sound when SR mode engaged. No SR worked just fine. I went around and pushed in all the plugs again and then noticed that my encoder wheel on the left rear (from back of machine) wasn't touching the wheel. I gave that black box a little squeeze to bring the wheels together and "wa la" SR works...........everything works. Whew !

Guest Linda S

Hope it works out for you. I really worried about the stitch regulator when I installed mine, but it worked out great. Love, love, LOVE those wheels!

Archived