NQR-Robins @ 5:30am!!!!!!!

Ok so we broke down & finally bought a flat screen tv. DH hung it on the wall opposite the large living room windows. Bought new blinds to reduce the glare. Top windows we bought the mirrored film to darken the glare but not loose the view. perfect!!! 5:30 this morning I have a Robin trying to get into the top windows. It is reflecting the outside so the bird thinks its all sky! The 3 Stooges went BALISTIK!!! They think someone is knocking @ the door. LOL Very rude awakening! I am thinking about a nail strip for the ledge so they cannot land there & keep pecking at the window- Anyone tried this? any other suggestions?

I had a bluebird trying to get into my sewing room, and it went on for weeks. We put up pictures of an owl and a hawk, DH had an owl decoy, I hung shiny things that flew in the breeze. I called the state wildlife people who said I was doing everything there was to do. No luck, the little guy used the decoy as a perch and still wanted to come in. You have to either wait them out or shoot them. :P

I have had a robin banging himself against the garage side window!! Poor thing! He must see his reflection in the glass. I tried putting a piece of paper on the inside. Didn't work! :o He was still throwing himself against the window! I finally put painters tape on the outside of the window; right where all the marks were from him hitting it. That finally did the trick! ;);) All's quiet now!

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

I have had a robin banging himself against the garage side window!! Poor thing! He must see his reflection in the glass. I tried putting a piece of paper on the inside. Didn't work! :o He was still throwing himself against the window! I finally put painters tape on the outside of the window; right where all the marks were from him hitting it. That finally did the trick! ;);) All's quiet now!

He just wanted to see what you were doing!

Archived