MQX West Show, Is there a function on Saturday?

I plan to attend the MQX show in Portland and is trying to book a flight (because it's on sale today) but don't know if I should book to leave Portland on Saturday or is there a function on Saturday night and leave Sunday? Does anyone know what the schedule is? What did they do last year?

Originally posted by KDquilter

Wow I suggest you stay till Sunday - maybe you can get together with some of the "gals" and have your own "function". You know a couple cocktails, swap suggestions . . . If I was going I know I would!!!

I am staying untill Sunday open to attend a "function "

LOL

Since this is my first and THE first MQX West, I have no idea how things are usually done. There is an email address on the official site and you could send one off to ask about Saturday functions.

If there isn't one on Saturday, we could set up an APQS and Friends dinner if someone in the Portland area is willing to find scout out a restaurant venue. That would be loads of fun!

Don't forget, if you stay another day you may have time to visit Fabric Depot!

I will be there over some days--can't say which until I decide on classes--soon to be posted on their site.

Where is the function at? What hotel is walking distance to the meetings and classes? Does anyone know where the best place to stay is? I don't want to rent a car (hate driving in cities, it's scary, I'm from a real small town, we have 1 main road!!) so I want to walk or take shuttle to the classes. I guess I'll book a flight Sunday.

The Max Line{Portlands mass transit line runs and stops right at the Convention Centers front door} You could stay at a downtown hotel and you will be at the C Center within about 10 minutes. There are many good hotels on this Max Line, { every 15 mins} Look for a hotel that is near{within a block or two} of the Max line, and you will have no problem getting to or from the show. The max line runs from Hillsboro to Gresham although you wouldn't want to stay that far out. The Max line also goes out to the airport every 20 minutes and lots of good Hotels with shuttles service to hotels there plus ikeas is right there too.. You really do not need a car.

Terry

I'm not sure which days I'll be there, probably most of the week. I'll either stay out at the airport or in Gresham area. Or I'll boot a grandkid out of their bed and stay with kids. I'll have a car but will ride Max to and from the Convention Center. Much easier than trying to park at the center. Max makes it very convenient from anywhere in the area.

I am sure we will plan a get together as time nears.

I am really looking forward to it. I have never been to a big time show.

Archived