The Koala cabinets are here!!!!

Look...the shutters went in this morning (I have two fairly big windows) and you can see my painted walls...yay! Electrician here tomorrow to put in lights and plugs. Floor goes in next Tues. TV arrived this morning. It's coming together. Koala cabinets being made. Yay, yay, yay!!! Doing a happy dance!:D

post--13461906183301_thumb.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My lights are in...yay. They are wonderful! And I had him put two outlets in the floor for me. One under my Liberty and one will be under my Koala sewing table. This is way cool. I will post a pic in a little bit when I go back upstairs and pick up my camera. I'm packing now because I'm leaving in the morning for Vegas for four days. (dd is graduating from UNLV) YAY again!

Asian Golden Teak. Beautiful color. So rich looking.

The color of my walls is called "In Between Tan". I got it at Kelly Moore. They have great paint. Kind of spendy, but great paint. I describe it as a cup of coffee with a lot of cream in it. It's a neutral color that just goes with everything so I have it everywhere.

Here is one pic of my lights. I bought three sets of these so this one will be over my sewing cabinet, one set over the cutting table area and one set over Miss Liberty. I have a ceiling fan in the middle of the ceiling and it just so happens that it matches these. How lucky was that?

post--13461906189684_thumb.jpg

We got the floor put in and I really like it and the electrical is all done.

We were getting ready to put the tv up and when we took the top of the box off the whole front of the tv is shattered. OH NO :o:o I called and they said no problem...they would arrange for it to be picked up and would be sending me a new one. OMG...so that's why I like to order from them. It's a great tv and a great price and now, so far, great service. Whew!!!

I had to clean everything because there is sawdust everywhere from when we had the electrical plugins put in the floor. Gotta run at the moment, but I promise pics this afternoon.

It's coming together so well. :)

Oma, I think I have the same lights as you in part of my partially re-modeled studio--getting finished slowly as I'm the only one working on it now. I love my lights!!! I had 70's florescent ones before and they were awful!

My back is also having issues so am laying on the couch with a hot rice bag and my lap top. Hope yours is feeling much better.

Will post some photos sometime soon.

Here is one of the two electric plugs I had put in the floor. They have surge protectors in them. This one will be under my sewing cabinet and the other one is on the far end of Miss Liberty.

These have four receptacles in them plus I had another four-prong receptacle put in the far wall.

One can never have enough plug-ins and I did not want to run extension cords everywhere anymore.

post--13461906244631_thumb.jpg

I love the carmel coloring. It all looks very rich with the mocha walls and the brushed silver fixtures. the wall looks a little off in this pic, but trust me they look good together in person. LOL.

It was hard deciding on the floor. Tile would have been too heavy and it would have been very hard on my back to stand on.

I thought about installing the same wood floors I have on the first floor, but it seemed like a waste of money considering how little of them will actually be seen and I didn't think they would hold up well with me moving my stuff around or scooting around on my chairs.

So vinyl it was. I did go with a high end vinyl that was very thick so it feels good underfoot. I shopped around and I found it on sale which helped. It has a great guarantee with it so I think it was the best decision. I can't say it was cheap, but dang it looks good. :D

post--13461906244869_thumb.jpg

It's soooo close. My Koala cabinets are sitting 35 miles away. They weren't going to deliver them untill June 16th, but now they are going to be delivered Friday. Yay!!! Happy dance all over the place. Good karma being sent to Nicole. :D

The first tv was broken...things changed (it was going to take longer to replace) so I canceled that order...went to Costco and bought one. However, instead of 47 inches it's 55 inches. What!!!:o Never take your husband with you to pick out a tv...they only see BIG! It sure looks good.

My PH (poor husband) and I have been moving all those boxes back into the room and trying to put things away. I have most of my fabric on the shelves. I have to find one more box of Christmas fabric.

I've got most of the stuff back on the three walls of shelves. I think it's all going to fit back in. :o

I will take pics on Saturday and post them. I think I'll have it done by then, hopefully, except for the cutting table. I'm not sure when it will be finished. The cabinet maker is working on it though.

This has been such a project and has gone so well considering all that was done. I'm so excited. I can't wait to show you all.

Originally posted by Sparkle

Oma, I love seeing the pictures of your new studio as it comes together. Post often! I'm looking forward to seeing the Koala cabinets. How are the lights working out? Love your new flooring!

So far I love them. I haven't been doing any sewing or quilting to be able to tell if there will be shadows or not. I probably won't notice because I had terrible lighting before (a fan light in the center of the room and some Ott task lighting here and there and nothing over my Liberty, so anything is a vast improvement). I am so happy that I had them all put on different switches so I can turn them on one at a time or all at one time.

Oh...guys...I'm so happy and pooped all at the same time. Cabinets came today. Two poor little fellas had to try to get them up a flight of stairs that has two turns in them. Thank goodness the Schwan's guy came by when he did and PH (poor husband) was here. Only got one dent in the wall and one sort of bent wheel on the cabinet. I didn't find the special insert for my sewing machine....and I can't call them until Tuesday.

Here's the first pic of trying to get a VERY heavy cabinet up the stairs and around the corner. It weighed over 500 lbs.

post--13461906297072_thumb.jpg

Here's my uncluttered peg board. Wait until I finish putting the stuff back up on it...as soon as I find the box I put it all in.

The new cutting table will sit in front of it when I get it.

post--13461906297607_thumb.jpg

Archived