LOTS of fabric!

Unfortunately my favorite LQS (which is actually a sewing machine store) is going out of the fabric business, although they will still sell sewing machines and vacuums.

But the fabric close-out is phenomenal! I bought 25 yards last week, with an average price of $4/yd. I went back in today and bought another 22 yards with an average price of $3/yd. 1/2 yard cuts were 60% off, and the end of a bolt was 75% off.

I'm very sad they are closing, but I simply couldn't pass up these fabrics. I got lots of reds, whites and blues for my Quilts of Valor, and then my passion - lots of batiks and hand-dyed fabrics.

I may not have to buy any fabrics for the next year or so, LOL.

Mary

I love a good sale.

Every year a local Bernina dealer has her fabric one day sale at 50% off.

I buy many bolts and spend much money!! lolol

The price is at wholesale practically and the fabrics wonderful.

I'm looking forward to this years sale. I'm going to load up!

Hi Mary - I also love a good sale. But it is too bad that the fabric part of the store is going bye bye. As far as your stash goes, have you hired a home remodeler yet to expand your space? :D LOL:D Since I got my Milli, my DH and I have been talking on how we can expand my studio (now 15' x 12') and I also have my DSM and several storage pieces in there for supplies and my fabrics as well. If I increased my stash by very much, I'll have to start hanging shelves to accomodate it all. I think someone should invent a ROOM STRETCHER! :cool:

Well Pat,

My studio is in a two-car section of our 4-car garage. The other half is my DH's workshop. You'd think with a four car garage we'd actually be able to park a car, LOLOL, but no!

My studio is a "finished" room, with A/C, and a portable heater for the odd really cold day. It has a small desk, unusable since the TV sits on it, Mille, a huge cutting table, an industrial Consew, my Pfaff, and a couple of old sewing machines and 2 sergers on the shelves.

I do need a room stretcher, LOL. No room to swing a cat (although I've never figured out why anyone would want to swing a cat!).

Fabrics I keep in small 3-drawer rolling plastic carts. I can fit 5 under Mille. But I may have to make the DH take out some of his supplies that he keeps on my shelves!

Mary

Archived