Bobbin Winders

Thanks Joanne. I did check out the APQS winder but it is no longer available. I shall definately check out your K-craft as it was $99.00 and I also found one up in Canada called a Deluxe Sidewinder for $108.00.

Lib

You should also check out the Nolting winder as well. It adjusts for either "L" or "M" class bobbins. The nice thing about their winder is that it is very quiet. There about $200 for the winder. zeke..........

Lib: Buy an industrial bobbin winder. I don't know what the "deluxe sidewinder" is, but I know the plastic battery/transformer sidewinders will not do the job. Ray at Quilt Tech sells stand alone winders and kits. I think he has an option that includes an adjustable speed control ( one you dial in the speed the motor runs at). That's what I'd buy. Then you know the bobbins are all wound at the same speed. You can also walk away from the winder while it's winding the bobbin. That's the kind of set up I have. I didn't buy mine from QuiltTech, I just added the speed control to the one that came with my machine. Regards. Jim

Thanks Jim for all your help. I am still trying to figure out, however, if it is in fact my bobbin winder that is giving me the problems. I am still fighting with my bobbin tension once I put my bobbin into my Milli. You will see my long story under "Thread Tension Issues STILL". I have put Quilt Tech in my 'favorites' if it is.

Lib

Lib...I have my stand along Gammil Winder for sale, complete with separate wall switch. I use only prewound bobbins and find my winder collects dust. This is a heavy duty unit with a great little motor, mounted on a wooden board. For sale at $90.00 plus shipping to USA. Better than side winders, they are plastic only. E-mail me if interested and I'll send pictures. thanks

Archived