Share Your Quilting Room

The question on PEG BOARD made me want to see the quilting rooms where others do their quilting. Please share both plain and fancy. Wherever it is it is a cozy refuge I am sure. Please post a couple of views and tell what you like best about your room.

My room is waiting for the arrival of it's Lenni. :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that would be wonderful. I would love to see everyone's room. Yours too!

There are so many good ideas out there. Re-doing my room has been a dream I've had all my life. As wives and mothers we put everyone else's wants and needs ahead of ours. I finally realized that everyone was ok...no one was starving and everyone had a home and a vehicle so it was time to spend the money on something I wanted. I have six kids and 9 grandchildren so this is a big statement.

I see you live in Central Oregon. One of my sons lives in Central Oregon too and a son and a daughter live in the Portland area as I once did.

The thread is stored in the corner hutch & pantos, stuff below. Fabric in antique cabinet across from LA. FQs are stored up in the quest room with my domestic machine. Books are in a built in bookshelf in the same room. Batting is store in the basement hanging from the ceiling. This is an old house without storage space. We were thinking about making the garge into a studio, but we are thinking about moving this year. So we will see..... for now that is my studio. I forgot, all designs are in a bookcase next to the computer desk which I show on the blog around Christmas.

I want one BIG room just for me.....;);)

post--13461906138277_thumb.jpg

Rebecca, your quilty room is so pretty and everything put away and stylish!!! I forgot about Dory having a Yurt. That is always fun to see! (Lucky girl!) and Donnita - what a great space!!!! I once had a friend with a room just like yours. I always thought she was so lucky!

Oh, this is fun! I can see I don't own enough thread compared to some of you gals!! Beautiful sewing spaces! Sewhappy, I am going to have to look you up when I get out Bozeman way sometime and you do the same if you come Fort Peck way. Rebecca, your room looks so restful, I just want to have a nice afternoon nap in there. I just love those older homes...so much character with built-ins and such. You had mentioned you are spread out to a few different rooms for your quilting needs. That is how my farm house was. I had my long arm in the basement. My sewing room in the back entryway on the main floor. And any time I wanted to lay a quilt out I took over the living room floor. In our new house I am happy to "own" the basement for my studio. But, oh, my old farm house still tugs at my heart.

My quilt studio addition was just completed. Actually, I haven't even moved in to it yet!

I won't move in until June when I have some down time scheduled. I'm planning to send my machine head back for service and I am strongly considering doing the BLISS upgrade at the same time.

Here are some photos. I'll post more when I actually move in.

post--13461906142423_thumb.jpg

Archived