Share Your Quilting Room

I could only get the one photo to post. It is a 16'x20' addition to our nome off of the family room which will soon become the dining room. My "studio" is now in the living room which is, in essence, a living room/dining room combo. I can't wait to move into the new room! It is so bright and sunny and warm!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be blind...where are the school buses in Lynda's picture?

I love all the studios. They are all so organized and Lynda...I love your space. It is so open with lots of light and huge!

My studio is kind of a mess. I have been moved in to our new house for 7 months and I haven't organized it.

OHHHHH MY!!! I want a BIG room. I need to buy another home with a huge room for me. Love all the studios posted here, just to have a big room for me to play in.:):):) I don't want my room lovely Sylvia I want it messy.....lol

Stagecl, the school buses on are the webshot....

I am a retired school administrator of Pupil Transportation.

The school buses (which are on the book shelves in webshots) are PART of a 30 year accumulation. When that is what you do, people just give you buses. I only kept the special ones when I retired.

Thank you for your comments.

2049599490098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

OK, after seeing everyones huge spaces I am posting a picture of my tiny tiny 10 foot by 9 foot space which I can only use half of anyway due to doors and walkthrough being on the other side.

But I am moving out to a commercial unit to let 10 minute drive from my house in two weeks time !!!! The lease is almost signed (unless I change my mind of course)

Anyway this is the space I have been working in for the last 18 months - I was desperate for a longarm. It is workable, but only just, and if I was only quilting for me, I would stay at home !!!!

I should add though, that I have a roll of wadding in our bedroom, bags of quilts in my bedroom to be quilted, fabric in my wardrobe, fabric in the loft, fabric in my bedroom cupboards, fabric in our dining room, and I consult with customers in our front room !!! So it is an exciting time for change - keep your fingers crossed for me.

post--1346190617401_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

Fingers crossed for you, Janette! Looks like you are making a lot of the space you have! You will love having more room, but as has been said, "where there's a will, there's a way". Good luck on your new space!

Yes it is amazing how much you can fit into that tiny space !!!

I love looking at everyone's studios. My Lenni is in my living room. My Dad and my husband made this lighting system for my Lenni and installed it today. I am beyond thrilled! We are also putting in hardwood floors this week! Good week for me!

2554419910105662173S425x425Q85.jpg

Ok, I see so many things I want in my sewing/quilting space. Adding this to my favorites so that when I tell DH what it is I want I can actually show him pictures. Right now I share my space with my two teenage boys in their video/game room. They don't like it but I figure they'll grow up and move out before Lenni does.

I too love to see where everyone quilts, I think it actually lets us get to know one another just a little more. No matter how large or how compact a sewing/quilting space is, its a space that we all love to go to and create. I end up smiling as I look at everyone's favourite space. Stitch on, my friends! :cool:

There are some awesome studios here. Laurie, I bet you can't wait to get in there.

Lynda, yours is my fav. So much natural light plus all that track lighting. Wow.

I have (click link here) photos of my studio taken a couple years ago. It is pretty much the same today.

Plus, LOL, I probably still have the same UFO on the design wall today.

Hi, Ramona, it's good to see you back here. Haven't seen you post for awhile. Have learned a lot from you. I didn't get to see your studio cuz I couldn't get the link to work.

Janette, don't feel so bad about being spread out all over the place to fit everything in. I, too, was there not too long ago in my old farm house. Stuff upstairs, downstairs, in back entryways...you name it. Hope your new studio works out for you if you decide to do it for sure.

Am loving this post and seeing where everybody "lives". As I said before, I sure don't have as much thread as you guys and I sure don't have as many quilting ribbons!!

Keep the studios coming gals!

Originally posted by Robin

Hi, Ramona, it's good to see you back here. Haven't seen you post for awhile. Have learned a lot from you. I didn't get to see your studio cuz I couldn't get the link to work.

Janette, don't feel so bad about being spread out all over the place to fit everything in. I, too, was there not too long ago in my old farm house. Stuff upstairs, downstairs, in back entryways...you name it. Hope your new studio works out for you if you decide to do it for sure.

Am loving this post and seeing where everybody "lives". As I said before, I sure don't have as much thread as you guys and I sure don't have as many quilting ribbons!!

Keep the studios coming gals!

Thanks. I am not too bothered about being spread all over the house (aparat from forgetting what I actually have) but hubby is not too impressed as you could imagine !! but fingers crossed I will have too much space soon - if that is at all possible to have too much space??

Originally posted by sharni

Janette, I am just getting started and my space is much like yours. We will see where it goes. Why not dream big!

I can see why so many of you produce so many beautiful quilts. Your spaces inspire so much creativity!:)

You can actually fit an amazing amount in those little cubby holes and cupboards, although access is a little tricky until I move my machine. There is always a way to do what you really really really want to do !!! When I bought Lenni there was the original intention to have a log cabin in our garden, which is my fall back plan if renting a unit fails !!!

I have decided on a couple of things differently in my new room. One main thing is I will NOT place things where I have to move something to get to it. I realized that I had so many things stacked in front of some of my shelves and it was too much work to move all of it to get to what I wanted therefore I NEVER used that stuff. If you NEVER use it why have it? The old adage "out of sight, out of mind".

Sometimes there is no choice like when we have these huge quilting machines. I figure you have to be able to walk behind it anyway so that should be enough space to get something off of a shelf. I put things I don't use very often on the bottom shelves so I don't have to bend over that much. I try to utilize every little inch of space, but this time I will be careful not to have things where there is that much work to get to them.

I see alot of you have the front of the machine facing out from the wall and the back of the machine toward the wall. Is this because you mostly work from the back of the machine?

I have the front of the machine facing the wall, so the wall is at my back when I work. I like it this way so I can see what is going on in front of me!

Just curious.....

Archived