The Saga of the Jaguar Quilt

About three years ago a goup of us quilter went all the way up to Mary Jo's in Gastonia NC. For those that don't know this a HUGE warehouse type fabric store!!!!! SO I spent lots of money and also purchaced a Jaguar Quilt pattern and all the fabric to make it for Tomy and Glenda as a Christmas gift sometime.

Well "sometime" has not come along. This Spring Tomy was diagnosis with postate cancer. He is doing good but keep him in your prayers.

I finally got everything out and decided I needed more fabric. Grabbed some out of my stash and my DIL shared some of hers. I pieced it and then it seemed like days doing the blanket stitch on the machine. Put it on the Millie and started quilting. I used black thread for about 3 minutes and hated it. So frogged for several hours. Changed to glod thread and was happy. Finished the center of the quilt and put the black thread on and copmpleted the bead board. Then while listening to TV rolled the quilt and rip.........

Someone is watching over me. See were it ripped!

post--13461906175793_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Lynne in Iowa

Do you know the name of the pattern and where to get it? Two of the Jaguars graduated from our high school so I know some people who would love this quilt.

It is called Jaguar Pride

by House of QUilts

Pam Higginboham and Martha Bainbridge

Published in 1998. Hope this is correct info

The address is In Care of:

Calico Station Inc. (this LQS is still in business)

House of Quilts

1857 Wells Road

Orange Park, Florida 32073

Phone 1-904-269-6911

Martha PB@aol.com

Thank you everyone for your knid words!!! I'm smiling!

Originally posted by LibbyG

I always love looking at your work. Love the way you outlined the words. Such a cute idea!

Thank you Libby! I used the triple blanket stitch on my Phaff! Most machine have that stitch. It's nice because it is thicker, and shows well. The fabric for the letters is fannel. I washed it before is started.

Thanks again.

Archived