How Would You Quilt This

The quilt group I belong to did a round robin. This is the one that I did and I am having trouble deciding on a quilt design. I started one and frogged it--with a purple variegated thread. I did a flower design in the center with leaves and feathers radiating out, and then was going to use a filler between. It just looked too overpowering, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks. --Barbara

post--13461906177677_thumb.jpg

I think something funky! Not sure just what. It's a great background for great quilting. Like your big flower in the center snd leaves and swirls and maybe a bird or butterfly.

Or you could fill each area with a design and carry that design is someway thoughout the quilt.

take a large peice of clear vinyl and place it one top, then use the dry erase pens to draw your designs.

Be sure to post when you are finish or even along the way as you quilt. I wantto see!!!

I would break it into sections. I would do something inside the first black and treat that as one section using the black as a frame. I would try to create a design that excentuated the depth of the block, like maybe a echoing wavy concentric design into the middle. Then something funky feather in the light red and again use the dk red as a framing border, maybe jsut echo the lines. Small black jsut fill with a background fill. Dk purple all over swirly type design. Final black a pretty feather.

Archived