Bon Voyage quilt

As I said on another post, I finally did something kind of custom...the center of my Bon Voyage quilt which will be in our guild quilt show this weekend. I outlined around the applique and McTavished (the Mc Schock version) for the background fill. Not perfect but pretty good for a beginner. When I got done I wanted to keep going (and rip out my first stuff and do it over). That McTavishing is kind of fun.

post--13461906189266_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Sylvia, "Bon Voyage" is designed by Edyta Sitar for Laundry Basket quilts and it was made from Edyta's fabric line which my wonderful LQS got in. I love Edyta's style. Check her out on line at Laundry Basket Quilts.

Thanks, gals. With your encouragement I might just get around to the front side of my machine after all.

I can't take credit for how the fabric was put together as it was a kit. But in case anybody does this quilt...make sure and check her website for corrections as that border that you gals like so much with all the squares has an error in cutting directions. The pattern says to cut 204 - 2 1/2" squares when the correct size was supposed to be 3 1/2". My LQS was great about it and gave me new fabric to cut the squares, but it was a lot of time lost and some aggravation.

Originally posted by Robin

Thanks, Sylvia, "Bon Voyage" is designed by Edyta Sitar for Laundry Basket quilts and it was made from Edyta's fabric line which my wonderful LQS got in. I love Edyta's style. Check her out on line at Laundry Basket Quilts.

Guessie whaaat? Edyta is coming TO MY GUILD's annual 2-day SPRING FLING EVENT in 2012!! Can you say YEAAAAY!!! :P

I love Edyta, too. She is not only a very talented designer, she is extremely funny and equally beautiful. I want to hate her but I can't. She really has a lovely quality about her.

Your McTavishing looks a lot better than mine. I even have the DVD. My friends took her class and she told them to do it a totally different way from the DVD. OR-- I just didn't understand what she was saying. It's really well done and that's how you get your confidence and get started.

I just love this forum...the most encouraging place a quilter can go. Thanks, gals.

Shana, I am so jealous that Edyta is coming to see you. I just love, love, love her style and her fabrics and yes she does seem like a beautiful gal inside and out. I hope I get to meet her some day. Gosh I would love to meet all of you gals someday. How are we going to arrange that??

Archived