The Magic Mermaids´Castle....

Joyce and Jeri introduced me to Claudia at the show..... Her quilt is stunning, you can not beleive the detailed work in this quilt.... I have a picutre of the back but it is a little fuzzy. I'm thinking I need to get a new camera.

I'm hoping that this will go to the Milwaukee show just to see it agin. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Congratulations Claudia!!!

"The Magic Mermaid´s Castle " is hanging in the APQS Showroom right now....till august, flying with me to the Milwaukee Show!

So the students of the next Open House in june will have the chance to see it!;)

After the Show in Milwaukee I will teach some classes at the Des Moines Showroom, please look for the program in the next time!

How long did it take:

In june 2010 I started the sewing process, till beginning of december( with some interruption because of shows etc), quilting on Millie with Bliss! ( loooooove loooooove it btw!) took me 2 1/2 months .........quilting like a fool, addicted, no interruptions:cool: Only fast food in this time!;)

Taking the quilt down end of january because of Open House, get off most of the threads of the back, but I haven´t had tooo many as I´m pulling the bobbin thread to the top BEFORE cutting, secured it on the top.

Beginning of february again onto the machine to add/couch the embelishments like the little fancy leave yarns ( supposed to be for floral bouquets, but we can use everything;) and the little indian mirrows on ( Yes, I stitched them with my longarm onto the quilt!)

Blocking in the beginning of march, binding ( not my favorite thing), sleeve and at least.....two weeks of "Rhinestone Quarry" - there are roundabout 40 000 Swarovski Chrystals in different sizes on it!

Controlled several times the backside of the quilt to find all the little tiny threads...... the last ones I´ve cut in the exhibition hall - after judging:D:cool:

Probably I find some more*lol

Claudia

Guest Linda S

What a fabulous quilt, Claudia! I'm glad someone posted pics of the mermaids. They're great! Can't wait to see it in person.

Archived