12 ft vs 14 ft

I believe I have my machine sold and I will be ordering a new one. My question for everyone is.... if a person has plenty of room for a 14 ft frame, is there any reason they would want a 12 ft instead? I am a newbie on the forum and I'm learning so much from reading your posts! Thanks for sharing!!!

iquilt in Idaho

ps I would post a happy mood, but I haven't figured out how. :D

i also have a 14-footer and have never ever regretted getting the big boy. but then again, i have plenty of room and i thought, "well, why not?" it gives me plenty of room for work tables across the rollers, letting me keep my tools right at hand. go for it! life's too short to have a regret, however small.

I started out with an 11 ft. table because the orientation in the room didn't allow for 12 ft. But...I just traded it for a 14 foot and it is sitting in a different location. I wanted a longer table so that I could use my Circle Lord on the front on larger quilts, as well as have the tray with tools and notions sitting across the poles. If I ever want a smaller table I can have it cut down.

I didn't have room for the 14 foot table unless I wanted to climb underneath it every time I went to the other side. It's hard to use the qu7iltazoid when I forget and load the quilt with the longest side. Don't even look back, just order the 14' table.

Guest Linda S

Having just finished a quilt on my 14' table with about an inch to spare on each side, I'd say if you have the room, get the 14'!

Linda

If you have the room go for the 14 ft. Gives you room on most quilts to clean out your bobbin area etc without anything getting on a quilt. Also if you are quilting for others there is that occasional King or Queen to the floor size that takes up all or close to all of your leader.

When I bought my house 2 years ago one criteria is that it had to have room for my Millie. I had a space that worked but ended up remodeling to give me more space.

If you have room for the 14ft get it. I only have room for a 10ft but would love a 12ft. Like other's have said even if you don't receive huge quilts the extra room will be great for a utility shelf, quiltazoid, circle lord, etc.

I've had a fourteen foot, it was my first machine. When I bought my second machine, after I sold the first, I went with a 12 foot frame. I have room for either, but I prefer the smaller frame. I have never had trouble quilting any quilt on it. When I was in business, most of my customers didn't have king sized quilts. Space is a little tight when it comes to a king size, but it does work.

I had a 12 foot and now a 14 foot....would NEVER thought in a million years that I would really need the extra, but ya know I have maxed that puppy out twice in two years.....if you have the room get the bigger table.

Archived