You guys made me do it!

QUESTION ???? When using stencils, I know you have to mark the quilt. THEN, do you just freehand the design, use rulers/tools to help you. Stencils to me are like Pantos - HARD to follow. Maybe it's just me. I went to that website and there are some really cool designs that look like fun.

Originally posted by deloa

Heidi,I was curious so I had to go back and see the quilt. It looks awesome. I love the curved crosshatching. I like how you kept the textures different in all the different borders. Great job.

Thanks Deloa! I was so proud of myself to finally do feathers up and down the spine! I just kept hearing this little voice telling me I could do it! I used your boomerang and little one on the entire quilt. I even used the castle.

I do hope not to get a quilt with 8 borders again though!

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

QUESTION ???? When using stencils, I know you have to mark the quilt. THEN, do you just freehand the design, use rulers/tools to help you. Stencils to me are like Pantos - HARD to follow. Maybe it's just me. I went to that website and there are some really cool designs that look like fun.

Often I just use the stencil as a guide. Don't feel like you have to follow the line exactly! Once you relax about that you will enjoy it more. Remember nobody will see the lines once they are removed!

Thanks Heidi............that relaxing part is what I need to work on. Sometimes I get a death grip on the handles and find myself holding my breath. When I realize what I am doing and relax, it does work better ! :)

Deloa, I am using your Castle ruler and Little One right now too. Doin lots of SID around DWR so the Little One works perfect.

I love cool tools and gadgets !

Archived