Gone quilting...a lot!

I recently got my new Freedom set up - I practiced on 5 CASA quilts and got used to Squiggy - YES I name my machines. I then started on my own. Did a small challenge quilt... THEN since I never have done a panto I thought it was time to give it a try. This quilt was made with swap blocks - I used a President's Challenge fabric in the center of the 9 patches (now my guild challenge is done to) I think I did pretty good for the 1st try.

Since I don't know how to post a 2nd picture...here is the link to my blog that you can see the rest of the pictures of Bright Ghetto. http://thesewingcave.blogspot.com/

Have a great day

Laverne (my Pfaff sewing machine)

&

Shirley (that's me!)

post--13461906249284_thumb.jpg

No that was my name for it - there was no pattern for sale...it was in a magazine YEARS ago. I brought it before our internet quilting group and we decided we would make it a swap. I made PDF files, did a lesson on how to do the roof, and we had GREAT success with it - the house blocks were AMAZING...the girls did GREAT!

Hi Shirley,

LOVE, LOVE this quilt! Wouldn't it be awesome with my 30s collection of fabrics? I'm willing to trade something, ANYthing for those patterns! Well, maybe not my CompuQuilter! :P

BTW, I'm also a Pfaff lover. My l475CD is still humming along after almost 25 years! Which model do you have?

Thank you ladies...WOW what a wonderful supportive group this is. I've been lurking but I think I have to come in here more often. I've had the embroidery 7570 for MANY years. I got it because my DH bought a new Harley - so I had to have something to!! lol

The president's challenge is in the center of each 9 patch...very tiny...but hey we only had 1/8 of a yd! also in once corner of the multicolored border...I'm trying to use up my stash...I think I'm good till the year 2025.

Darlene...check your email

Since I don't know how to post a 2nd picture...here is the link to my blog . . .

You should be able to post multiple pictures as long as you have them posted elsewhere online. I don't know how to do that, but that's the "magic" of posting multiple pictures. Those who do not have the pictures stashed somewhere online have to post each picture as a separate entry.

Karen...Squiggy and I are bonding !!!! Just finished a customer's today - Mailing it back home tomorrow. I also do quilting for our guild's service project of making quilts for CASA. I have about 4 of them to do to!

I think you will be as in "love" as I am with your Freedom.

Actually my Bright Ghetto has been talked about by saying it is too bright to sleep under...would keep you awake! lol

Archived