Angel Baby Quilt

This quilt will be for our new grandbaby due in Aug., Kailey Abigail. When her mommy called me to tell me she was expecting the 2nd thing out of her mouth was, "Now I get the Angel Baby quilt." I used Joann Hoffman's pattern for the wings & Halo but I changed the rest of it. The hearts from Karen McTavish, feather cable from Stencil and sashing are all trapunto done with white batting. After trimming it away I layed it on top of a very pale aqua color which is my DIL's favorite color. I used Metro thread on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. The quilt really actually went very quick. I have had the binding on for some time now but just hadn't had time to turn it.

Full quilt:

2367864240104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

corner Detail:

2053276500104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Center detail:

2593035490104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everybody! Meg it really didn't take more than a few hours to mark or quilt for that matter. I had it on and off the frame in a week. I was pretty surprised how quickly it went.

Here is a funny for you all. One of the gals at guild tells me to make sure that baby has a double diaper on when she is laying on that quilt and I respond, "My granddaughter can poop on it if she wants to." LOL I can't wait to see my precious little Kailey on this quilt. It will make a perfect picture of our new little angel.

Archived