Angel Baby Quilt

Linda I didn't put a label on it because it is double sided. In the future if they want just a white background they could use that side as well. I hope that I get lots of pictures of my little angels :D. Yes the truth is that I am much more relaxed without MIL around all the time. I am getting better about being able to tolerate her even in small doses. She made life so miserable the last few months that I don't want to spend even a minute with her. I still have to go every week with her groceries and her pills and this weekend was the first weekend in 3 weeks that I didn't just cringe when I saw her. That is really aweful and I hate feeling that way. I know I'll get over it but it will take a while. She is the most selfish woman I have ever met and I don't deal with that well. The only person she continues to think about is herself. She doesn't even ask about Maddie. She heard me on the phone with her youngest (Maddie's Dad) and he was telling me that he had not been able to talk to her all day. It was her birthday and she was supposed to come to my house on Sat. for a birthday party. BIL got called into work that night and I told him to tell her mother that they were coming down for the party and that I would either drive her up later in the day or even keep her over night. We're too close to court date to cause problems. Well her mother refused for her to come and came and got her. Maddie was so upset because she was so looking forward to her birthday party. Anyway I was on the phone with him and telling him to call and leave yet another message and tell her if she didn't return his call or call me by 9 pm we would do a child welfare check. Amazing how quickly she called him! Maddie's mother is just being so spiteful. Anyway I got of the phone and MIL didn't even ask if everything was ok. She was standing 2 ft from me when I got the call and I know she heard. So sad and that just makes me angry and I don't want to be around anybody like that.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lynne in Iowa

I might be able to make something that might resemble an angel baby quilt by the time my kids have kids. (Hopefully I have a few years!)

Lynne you absolutely could have made this quilt. It really looks harder than it is. Of course my Quiltazoid made the cross hatching and straight line work a breeze. The wings and halo went so quickly. Joann designed a great pattern.

We had the baby shower today and my DIL loved the quilt. She said she can't wait to put Kailey on the quilt. I told her I can't wait to see her on it. I'm glad she loved it. Now I can start the bedding. we have finalized the bedding so when I get home that is what I'll be working on. It is going to be cute I think.

What kind of batting did you use for the trapunto? I need to get some. And does trapunto batt come in off-white? I want to put my wholecloth on soon. Just made a small 24 x 24 wholecloth with two batts in it to practice, and while I like it a lot, I think I want to trapunto the one I made in Karen McT's class.

Jess

Archived