Have you quilted this top?

It looks like there are dragonflies and butterflies quilted in the polka dot areas. I bet if you did the same thing they would really pop against your white fabric. I had to look for them in the polka dot fabric. Maybe I need new glasses ;)

I think whatever you decide it should be whimsical to keep with the theme of the quilt. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I love this quilt, it was also featured in a quilt magazine several years ago and it was done in Lakehouse Dry Goods fabric. I bought all the fabrics to do one myself but never found the time to do it yet.

I was planning on using my CL when it came time to quilt it, was thinking of using my spiral template for the flower centers, crosshatching in the dotted background areas, CC in the flower petals & leaves. The wavy lines of my CL tiles template for the stems of the flowers. Haven't decided what I would do in the green pieced border yet.

Please post pics of what you end up doing.:)

Sylvia - I did that one on the Millie - prior to Bliss days. The templates were really helpful when trying to get everything consistent. I did it for a friend's granddaughter & it is now hanging in her room above her bed. The mom loved it so much, she totally redid her daughter's room!!

Archived