How big "Pantographs"?

I was using Jodi Beamish's Splash (large)eariler this month and it won't fit. The panto is 13.5, and I had to roll the quilt forward then back to get it finished. I was surprised, because I thought I had 14 inches, but upon measuring there is just 12. Now that I know I will be more carefull when I purchase pantos.

In the mean time, I have Splash Large 13.5 for sale...I can re-sell it if I can't use it, right??

Cheryl

I have both the Millennium & the Liberty so I'm finding out first hand what patterns I can & can't use on the Liberty. A 12" pattern is maximum on a lap size quilt, smaller on a larger size. I would suggest ordering 11" or smaller, or patterns that have 2 rows of 6". Then you can start with quilting 2 rows. As the quilt builds up in the throat, you'll have to advance between every row.

I feel the wonderful maneuverability of this sweet machine more than makes up for the limitations of a smaller throat.

When you place pattern orders with me, I always ask what machine you have and will alert you if the pattern is too large, and may suggest an alternative.

Darlene Epp

mailto:depp@allstream.net

http://www.longarmsupplies.com/Patterns.htm

You have just about 13.5" of quilting space with the Liberty. It's a very tight squeeze to try and do a 13" panto, so I'm avoiding them. I do have one that I got from Timeless Quilting Designs and they were generous enough to allow me permission to shrink it just once so I could use it. I haven't done it yet though!

Linda

Archived