Ohio Star

AHuffman

Here's a custom quilt I finished recently.

MMS3.jpg

For the Ohio Star's I used a motif I designed for an article in Machine Quilting Unlimited last year. It works well on this block and the inner sashings around the blocks are freehand curls as well as the small inner green border. I've included a shot of the block from the back so you can see the motif a little better.

MBackCU1.jpg

mMS1.jpg

The white sashings between the blocks is one of the designs that came with IQ. It is in the Patterns by Helen folder. I think it is called "lob".

MMS2.jpg

McornerCU.jpg

The outer border is from One Song Needle Arts but I can't remember the name.

I'm working on a video to show how I easily placed the Ohio Star motif in each block using needle snap. Soooooooo easy! I also used path pattern to perfectly place those sashing motifs to line up precisely with each other to form the secondary star in the center of the sashings.

If you'd like to have the Ohio Star block motif, you can download it free off my website's pattern section in the store. There are some other patterns there too. Enjoy!Just click here!

Originally posted by KarenH

Wow Angela, really like what you did with the quilting!! Also visited your blog, love it!!:):)

Thanks for visiting, Karen!

And thanks, everyone, for your kind words. There was much about this quilt that I thought would make good tutorials. I'll have to figure out how to video tape tutorials a little easier when I'm by myself.

Originally posted by AHuffman

................There was much about this quilt that I thought would make good tutorials. I'll have to figure out how to video tape tutorials a little easier when I'm by myself.

Angela, I have been thinking about you... YOU the PERSON with the VOICE! :) And you are professionally trained in production...

Angela, you did such a fabulous job with your IQ video demonstrations... I've watched them several times.

So....I think you should GO FOR IT and get in there and start making tutorials. You have the gift of DETAIL and know how to explan and show... and you repeat, repeat (repeat) so it sinks in easier.

PS: I found you on the Internet and listened to some of your radio voiceovers. You have a great voice. I'd buy anything you're selling. :P

Proud of you Angela!!

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Originally posted by AHuffman

................There was much about this quilt that I thought would make good tutorials. I'll have to figure out how to video tape tutorials a little easier when I'm by myself.

Angela, I have been thinking about you... YOU the PERSON with the VOICE! :) And you are professionally trained in production...

Angela, you did such a fabulous job with your IQ video demonstrations... I've watched them several times.

So....I think you should GO FOR IT and get in there and start making tutorials. You have the gift of DETAIL and know how to explan and show... and you repeat, repeat (repeat) so it sinks in easier.

PS: I found you on the Internet and listened to some of your radio voiceovers. You have a great voice. I'd buy anything you're selling. :P

Proud of you Angela!!

*sniff* you made me cry. Here's what you don't know- I closed on a house today. I have been spending my day in this weird space of happiness and fear. I'm a single mom and I just put on my big girl pants to leap off the cliff of homeownership with my little ol' quilting business and voice overs to support me.

I've spent the day drawing up the courage to step fully into myself and believe that I can do it. I don't share a lot of how the twists and turns of my life's journey brought me to rebuilding my life with my kidlets from scratch. I know there are others who've been through much, much more.

You really blessed me today and of all days, it has meant the world.

Thank you.

((((HUGS))))

Archived