Singing the Praises of M & M wheels

My DH installed my new M & M wheels last week. All I can say is wow! I hesitated on purchasing them wondering if I would see a difference..... but now I feel like I am controlling the machine and the machine doesn't control me. Pantos seem like so much more fun to do with the new wheels. I also had been struggling with a lot of shoulder issues, but haven't had any problems using the new wheels. Love, love, love them!

You will love your new wheels!!!

I hadn't realized how bad of shape my old brown wheels were in until I took them off to put my MnM's on last fall. One fell apart in my had-it had a big crack in it another had a seal leaking.

Surprizingly my machine was still handeling fairly well but the MnM's made a wonderful difference.

We just set up my new Freedom SR last night and they come standard with the new M & M wheels. I did not go with the Bliss, a little more than my budget can handle right now. But from everyone's comments I think I will have a smooth ride, I'll let you know!!!!

Guest Linda S

My M&M wheels have made me into an entirely different quilter. I think I can actually freehand now! They are miraculous.

I love mine too! They turned out to be pretty easy to install myself. I do have a few hints though:

1. Clean up the floor under your longarm if it's not already on a nice clean surface. Makes it easier to find any part you might drop.

2. I used wood shims to help, and kept the whole head on the frame instead of taking it off.

3. If you use the shims, still have someone help you when you get to the part where you are taking off the channel lock at the back, my machine slid forward because nothing was holding it on. Nothing bad happened, I just needed my husband to hold it in place while I reattached things. I should have just asked for his help doing that in the first place. (I do whatever I can on my own, my husband does not like to put things together. I enjoy it!)

Originally posted by Hawaii

Just wondering, did any of you replace your edgeriders with M & M's. My husband is asking since he installed the edgeriders a couple years back. Need to justify my purchase! ;)

I replaced my edgeriders with M&M's. Personally I'm glad I did. Now I have a set of ER's with less than 20 hours on them and I'm not sure what to do with them. I'm fairly sure I didn't have them adjusted properly.

I changed from ER's to M&M's but I was having a problem with one wheel. I only noticed the difference because one of my ER wheels had a problem. I really loved my ER's when I put them on and could feel an immediate improvement over the black wheels. I feel like my control with the M&M's is slightly better than ER's but if they werne't broke I wouldn't just change them out.

Archived