NQR- Please pray for me.... UPDATE!!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ardelle, this is something for you to just think about. Year before last at Thanksgiving I had to have an emergency/radical hysterectomy. In general I felt fine but has some back pain and the dr. sent me that very day on to have some tests run. I had to wait 3 days for one test but the other tests were immediate. Results, the Dr. said, was I probably had ovarian cancer. I had the surgery within 5 days of my first Dr. visit. No cancer. None. They had a Dr. viewing slided while I was in surgery to give immediate results. I spent one week scared to death but everything turned out fine. I guess my point is, I was afraid for nothing. We had a party in my hospital room -and with the Dr. too. I think waiting is worse than knowing sometimes. I am praying God will give you peace and comfort as well as good health! Blessings, girl!

Ardell,

I just found out that my mom will have an MRI for a suspicious lump. She had a mamogram right before I went on vacation and had an ultrasound last week. She told me last night. Her mother had breast cancer so of course I'm worried. There was nothing in last years mamogram. The spot is 5mm. I'll be keeping you both in my prayers and praying that it is nothing for both of you.

Heidi, so sorry about your Mom. Try not to worry, hard as that is. I will be remembering both of you in my prayers. I am thinking you have had enough to think about in your life lately...

When I was waiting for results 3 years ago, I did not tell my Mom because I did not want her to worry, and as my sister-in-law says, that is what she does best. Later after all the dust settled, she told me she wanted to know what was going on with me if something ever happened again. So after much self debate I told her yesterday. Today my brother told me she is very upset. I wish I could take it back...So if you are all so inclined would you also pray that my Mom (Phyllis) remains calm?

Ardelle you are in my prayers - many times in the last few days you have been on my mind.

You have such an energy, a "get er done" attitude and you are someone to look up to. We are all praying everything is OK and you will be back to yourself before too long.

Prayers and hugs

Joan

Ardelle, I haven't been on in the last week, I've been lurking lately. So I'm just now seeing this. You and your family are in my prayers, and I'm letting our prayer group know so they can pray for you, also. I found out today when my reconnect surgery is scheduled, I have another 2 weeks to wait and was ready for him to say this week. I finally gave myself a little talkiing to and am grateful it's soon over!

I am so thankful for all your continued support. I spent the day at my home town at my Aunt's funeral and was able to talk to Mom (and Dad) some and reassure her. I think she is still worried, but is doing better.

Sylvia I go to my own doctor again tomorrow for a follow up on my original purpose for my visit last week and hope she will answer some questions. Right now all I know is I go for a ultrasound on Wed. how long to get results, I do not know.

I am in this weird state of waiting, but am amazed at the peace I feel, I believe in part due to all your prayers.

Originally posted by Ardelle Kerr

......I am in this weird state of waiting, but am amazed at the peace I feel.....

It's called "hope" and "faith" and it's all very healthy for you to act this way. So...... think positive, let your mind tell your body it is OK.

Miracles happen sometimes because we think positively through it. It's also called "prayer"

All healthy.

So pray, say positive things to yourself. Be happy. Smile. Meditate. Meditate. Breathe. Do this for YOU!!

(((hugs)))

Ardelle, I understand your mom wanting to know. My mom was the same way. I think you did the right thing by telling her. We tried to keep the painful things from mom after she got older but she resented that. She would say "Of course I worry but that is my right as a mother". As I get older I realize just how right she was. I'll continue to pray for wonderful results.

Parents have the "right" to pray for their child. No matter how old the child is. My mom did not tell us how ill our father was because she did not want us to worry. We felt like we had the right to know so we could be praying too. A lot of upset people. Sometimes it is difficult to make those decisions. Go with your heart. Praying for you too.

Ardelle,

My parents always kept their health problems to themselves, so that the children wouldn't worry. The (morbid) joke among the kids was that we would find out that one of them died and the funeral was yesterday--and everything is taken care of! YIKES!

SO I talked to my mother and she said, Well there's nothing you can do but worry. My reply was that we could start praying and then she was quiet for a long time...so now she tells us what is going on.

Do not let your heart be troubled, have faith in God.

I have felt the peace you are feeling from all of the prayers sent your way and it is awesome!

Archived