Value of machine quilting

OK, I'm feeling a little sassy right now, and some thoughts just popped into my mind and, due to my uncontrollable sassiness, these thoughts just absolutely had to come through my fingertips, keyboard and now on this screen that you are reading...

On the topic about "cheating" with quilting (hand vs. machine)

Is it considered cheating if we...:

--- Take an airplane from San Francisco to New York City rather than walk? What about a car or a bike? Is that cheating?

--- Use a washing machine and dryer to get our clothes clean, rather than go to the river and scrub on a rock, then hang the clothes on a tree branch to dry? Is that cheating?

--- Go to McDonalds for a bite to eat, rather than take the time for a home cooked meal?

--- We go to the supermarket to get our meat and vegetables, rather than butcher the cow at home and grow a garden? Is that cheating?

--- Get out the "old Royal" typewriter to type up my letters rather than use a computer, word processor and printer? Oh, maybe using the Royal is cheating cuz I could get an old stone and chizel and start whacking away...

I could go on and on, but I don't want to be a sassy little bore. ;)

Microwaving food is "cheating"

Buying clothes on sale is "cheating"

Having a cleaning lady is "cheating"

Buying peaches in the can is "cheating"

Piecing by machine is "cheating"

Driving instead of walking is "cheating"

Then all I can say is

I'm a big fat CHEATER !!!

I think that learning each new technology to make our lives easier is a challenge, especially for those that have blazed the trail! Thank-you, Thank-you!!:D:D:D

Archived