Any nurses out there?

I am trying to eliminate "stuff." I am currently working on boxes i have had stored for at least 10 yrs. I have 13 old nursing books from the 30's and 40's. If anyone wants to pay the actual shipping you can have them. They are kinda funny. got a strong feeling there wiill be more......email me at penelopefabric@aol.com or leave msg here :P

So sorry about your mom. I have had several friends make the same decision(and my dad) I visited a friend in Anacortes and he had popular mechanics way way back. My husband and i had a blast reading them. I have a stack of readers digest from the 40's too...WHY DO I HAVE ALL THIS STUFF?:P

So sorry to hear about your losses. When my dad died, and mom moved out the "family home" where we'd all grown up, I encouraged her to leave dad's boxes of slides from when he was in Korea. No one but dad knew who these people were, and he was gone, so what was the point? Still hard to throw things like that away, and that's why they are in mom's attic at her new place. Someday, maybe someone will want slides from Korea with a bunch of strangers in the photos. Yes, why do we keep all this stuff?

Hi - I am also a nurse and quilter. I'm also a nurse historian (bet you didn't know we exist!). Please do not throw out the texts just yet. The University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing and the University of Virginia, School of Nursing, contain well-known and internationally recognized nursing history centers. They may be interested in your books. You can contact them at the websites:

www.nursing.upenn.edu/history

www.nursing.virginia.edu/Research/CNHI/

Julie Fairman is the director of the Center for the Study of the History of Nursing at Penn, and Arlene Keeling is the director of the Center for Nursing Historical Inquiry at UVa.

The American Association for the History of Nursing (www.aahn.org) is the professional organization.

Archived