Violets and Lattice Work and How To

Georgene

Georgene,

Again you have provided great info. I too usually work with a very tight quilt and use a lot of Sew Fine thread. I also have some silk. May have to try that out with this design.

Do you have problems lining up the pattern when doing a single cross hatch (the same design as this but with only one pass)? Just wondering if this would help line it up for a standard cross hatch too!

And if you can teach with an umbrella drink in one hand I vote we go to Hawaii for hands on CL training. First round is on me!!!:D:D:D

Enjoy your weekend!

KathyD

And if I get this working over the weekend I may post pics!

Kathy, I haven't tried this method (always stitching each line in the same direction) using the single crosshatch yet. But I will certainly do it next time, because, yes, I would have a little trouble sometimes, especially on the edges. But I think that might be partly because of my leaders, which are stretched in the middle.

When I do the regular crosshatch, I find that I prefer the 1" one, where you stitch every line, then move the template and stitch every line again. It confuses me less. I think it looks much neater and the lines match better, because half the lines cross each other. It's easier for me to remember to stitch every line than to have to remember which of the lines to stitch on each hole.

Hawaii with a cocktail sounds wonderful.

Georgene,

Thanx for the clue. I'm hoping that my hubby doesn't want help with the yard work so I can go play this afternoon!;)

I have a quilt that I want to do the swirlz on and then I want to test that zig zag template.

I'll let you know how I make out!

Enjoy your day!

KathyD

Archived