Know people love QD and Hobb's but wanted to share this about Pellon Legacy!

Hi everyone,

Know lots of you out there are QD and Hobb's fans and I have used both and been happy (except for Hobb's in the packages :( - the wrinkles and bumps are in there for good unless you prewash it), but I have become a Pellon Legacy distributor and use their battings exclusively in my customer's quilts and sell in my store -LOVE them!

Wanted to share a picture of the new fixture that Pellon developed and I was fortunate enough to purchase one for my store. Love how it looks and the items and information on it! Nice Job Pellon!:);):P:D:cool:

I have tried to switch to Legacy as my LQS is a distributor and I want to give her all of the business I can, but I find them thinner than Hobbs or Warm & Natural. Haven't tried their wool or other specialty battings but have tried their 80/20 and 100 percent cotton ones and prefer Hobbs or Warm & Natural over the Legacy battings. I do intend to give their specialty battings a try at some time. Just my humble opinion...

I have been using the Legacy battings a lot lately and find I'm liking them. I like the 80/20 w/scrim. I have also used a thin and a 1/2 inch loft poly and the wool. I love the wool. One of our local shops is a distributor and I started using it because I could pick it up and not wait for shipping (which is sometimes slow w/Hobbs for me). I still like Hobbs, QD, and Winline batts and use them. I try to keep a variety on hand. The nice thing about Legacy is I can get 9 yard boards for the batts I don't use as often and the rolls for what I do use more frequently. I haven't found it hard to use or stretchy. Actually, for me, I find it pretty comparable to the others. (But nobody touchs the QD wool in my humble opinion:D)

I bought a board of the Pellon 80/20 with scrim. For about the first 5 yards of the board, it was a big linty mess. I had lint literally everywhere in the studio...covered the TV screen, floor, fan blades...everything, to say nothing about the poor machine. Then, part way into the board...no lint. I haven't finished out this board yet, so I don't know if it is going to be good...or linty...the rest of the way. Its a shame, because the loft and drape are nice. I prefer it to QD Select when doing heavy quilting, since QD cottons and blends get stiff with very heavy quilting. Otherwise, QD is still my favorite, and virtually lint free no matter what batting of theirs I have tried.

I tried a board too, and thought it was a might thin. I used it up and have not ordered more. I'll stick with Hobbs 80/20 and QD.

Although, Fairfield just came out with a new cotton one and it feels marvelous! And it's lofty! It was at Paducah show. In fact, David Taylor liked it so much he was hugging it!!! hahaha

Hi Roseann,

I couldn't find a link to the fixture---could you please repost. Thanks.

I thought the Legacy 80/20 was a tiny bit thinner than the Hobbs 80/20. But, it sure is smoother feeling than Hobbs. I always put my batting piece in a preheated dryer with a wet cloth to fluff it up. That increased the "puff" of the Legacy.

I like it fine, but I was surprised with the Shrinkage Factor when I did a baby quilt with it---and washed it before gifting it. It shrank a lot more than Hobbs---that was a disappointment. :(

I guess it should be preshrunk before usage.

Archived