customer moving

So, I have a good news/sad news situation. I have customer who is moving later this summer (sad news). She just dropped off nine quilts for me to quilt (great news for me), only 2 of which have quick deadlines. My goal is still to get them all done by late July so I don't have to ship her quilts to her new location.

While she is willing to continue working with me and I with her - I feel like I ought to help set her up with another longarmer. So, she is moving to the Tulsa, Oklahoma area. If any of you are based in that area, let me know and I will give her your contact information. The customer is an immaculate piecer as well as pretty prolific - though this most recent quilting splurge surprised both of us. Also, if there are good quilt shops in the area, I'd like to let her know. She will be apartment hunting sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your help.

Lynn

There are probably a number of quilt shops in the Tulsa area, and also an APQS dealer/quilt shop. I've never been to the shop but talked with Brenda at the Houston quilt show last year. I know she has hosted Karen McTavish and Sue Patton at her shop, also. I think Barnsdall is just a little north of Tulsa.

http://www.brendasredbarn.com/Brendasredbarn/home.html

And this from the APQS web site:

Red Barn Quilting and Retreat Center

Brenda Shreve

99 County Road 2285

Barnsdall, Oklahoma

(918) 847-2544 | 918-857-0456 | (918) 847-3558 (fax)

Brenda Shreve is a close friend of mine, and her quilt shop/retreat is one not to be missed. She's a wonderful APQS rep. Karen McTavish is coming again in July to The Red Barn. I frequent Brenda's quite often. :)

In Tulsa there's The Quilt Sampler at 61st and Sheridan and The Cotton Patch on 71st St. for quilt stores. There are several others in surrounding cities not far from there. Your friend/customer is going to find this area very quilt friendly.;)

Lynn, Our own Tracye Quinlan, who won the judges choice on her quilt 2 yrs ago "Hick Chick, Hell bent for Leather" lives in OK also!

She's an awsome quilter! I can get a message to her to pop in here on the forum and update you with her info.

She's more on FB than on our forum anymore, just like ME! So sad I know...but ..I love FB for advertisement as well.

Hi Gals!

Thanks for the message Sheri! I know it's bad but I'm pretty much just on FB these days.. that way I can kinda keep up with multiple birds on one forum... quilting and non quilting friends AND family all at once...

I'm about 3 hrs away from Tulsa, but I do get customer stuff from over there... people in Oklahoma drive more for stuff than they did in Colorado....I don't know any longarmers over there, and have only met one of them near me and she only does limited customer stuff... I know there are more down around Enid (45 min from me sort of toward Tulsa and south). I would be happy to help her out, but if she's gonna have to do mail order she should just stick with you... Several of my Colo customers are doing that... It's a little more but if they do multiple quilts at a time doesn't seem too bad.,.

Here's my email tracyequinlan@hotmail.com

and phone 580-435-2200

Have a great day!

Archived