Thank you to all who share...

I just wanted to thank each of you who share what you know and the how to do what you do for the rest of us that are in the learning curve. I really appreciate what you have done. This is one of the sites that I visit daily.

I just got done quilting a table runner with continuous curves (known as CC) in the center squares, and a simple border design from Deloa Jones in the outside. I used washable marker for the CC and chalk for the outside. Most of my curves are much nicer with those methods. (I didn't make this top, it was in a group of fabric donated to our church ladies for selling at our craft table. It cried out to be really finished right instead of throw together method.)

(For those who are new to CC) to do the CC, I started at the end purple square at the point it joins the two side squares. Then did the curves on all four sides of the purple, went to the pansies on the east side, did all four sides, did the next single curve in the purple to get to the next east side pansies square, did all four, did the next single (or two if needed) purple to the next east pansy square, all down the runner, then repeated the process up the west side and had all the squares done in a continuous stitching path with no stops or starts (other than thread breakage!!!).

I learned how to do both of these designs from people here. Thanks again.

post--13461906356876_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Neher-in-law5

I just wanted to thank each of you who share what you know and the how to do what you do for the rest of us that are in the learning curve. I really appreciate what you have done. This is one of the sites that I visit daily.

Oh yes, I feel this way too. You all are my mentors. A bless you to you all.

Good job Madelyn. I agree that this forum has the best people on it. It is wonderful how much help and encouragement they give. It's great to know if you have a question anytime day or night, someone is on and willing to help. This is one of the main reasons I bought my Millie!

Archived