What classes are you taking at MQX??

I've only signed up for two so far: Deloa's Border Patrol (I have her book, but I'm a visual learner) on a longarm and Dawn's class on background fillers. Two things I struggle with ideas on and get so tired of doing the same things over and over!

What are you taking???

Dory, you cannot go wrong with Deloa or Dawn. Oh my gosh...they make quilting look like a piece of cake!

Sharon Schamber is great!! I just bought a couple of her applique kits at MQS because I didn't know where to take a class. They include a DVD and were cheap...I love cheap!

I have one with Dawn, one with Kimmy and one with Dustin. They are all lecture classes. I hesitated about the hands one and of course now it is too late, the ones I was interested in are full. Probably a good thing as I won't be able to stay for the whole show and this will give me a taste of the classes, quilts and vendors during the time I am there.

Sue

I am fascinated with Zentagles, so am taking 2 classes, one with Bonnie McCaffery and the other with Sue Patten. Then I decided on something different forFriday "Broderie Perse" with Grace Anderson and "Flexible Fillers and Creative Couching" with Claudia Pfeil. Looking forward to being stretttttccccchhhhed out of my comfort zone.

Hey, I got border patrol too. I woke up at 5:30 am to register. I'm taking both of the ones you are. I got Linda Taylor Fancy Freehand, Border Patrol, Karen McTavish Victorian Quilting and Mastering McTavishing, Dawn Cavanaugh Background Fillers and This Quilt is in Trouble, Of coarse, the Banquet (gotta eat, LOL!), and Dawn Cavanaugh again, Funky Feathers. Oh, I can't wait to meet everyone on the Forum. How are we going recognize everyone?

I have DeLoa's Border Patrol and Potpourri; Sharon Schamber's LA Dancing; Renae Haddadin's Curves; Sally Terry's Terry Twist Variations. And I did NOT have to get up at 5 to get them, otherwise it wouldn't have happened. All the classes look great. Are we going to have lapel pins of stickers to recognize each other? Will we have our own table like at MQX East? Who's in charge here?

Originally posted by newellyn

Dory, I'm in DeLoa's Border Patrol class too!! How exciting to meet face to face. I'll have to see what I can do to improve mine:o

I am also taking a lecture class with Linda McCuean on feathers.

I may sign on for more but haven't decided.

Linda, it will be great to meet you!!! The last time we drove through Seaside (over a year ago) I thought of you. Man, has that town changed since I lived in Astoria!!

I've got my four classes signed up for and am not going to sign up for any others. I want a chance to soak in the info I get and time to wander the quilts and vendors.

I've got the two I mentioned above, then Renae's "Show Off" lecture and Linda Taylor's "Is there life after stippling."

I'm feeling pretty good about what I've signed up for...

:D

Archived