One of my first quilts

Hi LAquilters,

After a couple of weeks of owning and using the Millennium, I am ready for custom quilts. I have made several quilts as examples, because I have found out that I really like the freehand quilting the most. So with these example quilts, and my drawings for custom quilting, I have a couple of tops to quilt now.

The picture shows one of my first freehand quilts, with the pattern I have names 'flames'. I have used one of my own UFO's - a quilt top I have made years ago for a wholesale dealer, which I got back, and have quilted now ( in just two days, a wonder!!!! )

The first picture shows the entire quilt, the second a section.

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

www.sylkamode.com

WoW Sylvia:

Girl you are a talented women :) Free-hand (so far) is beyond me, but I'll keep trying. Panto's are my confort zone, so I keep playing with them, I really must PPP some free-motion stuff. I've seen it done, by some great quilters, but I'm avoiding it.;)

Good Luck with your furture quilts & patterns.

P.S. Both my parents are from Holland.

Thank you ladies, for your kind words. But it seems to me that Pantograph is much more difficult, because you can only watch the laser light, and not your actual quilting.

It seems to me that freehand quilting will not be perfect regular, but I know that if there is repetitian with different figures, and the left-to-right rows are interlocking a bit, it looks more like a Pantograph then I can get with the Pantograph itself.

I think I will need more practice working with Pantograph patterns than with freehand! And then again: I like to 'draw' with the needle...

Gerry, have your parens - both from Holland - emmigrated to Canada? And do you speek Dutch? I hear sometimes that children of emmigrants still are tought to speek the language of the native country of the parents...

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

www.sylkamode.com

Absolutely beautiful....I can't wait to get my machine. I'm still waiting for my sewing cottage to be finished, there just isn't enough days in the week or hours in a day to get everything done...and my poor DH is sooooo tired of hearing me ask "is it done yet???" LOLOL....

Mariah

In Chilly Georgia

I love seeing these quilts! I am a freehander also , until last week, I did all freehand on a DM and now have a Liberty so its great.

Question for all of you - how do you pick your thread color? I struggle so much trying to pick the thread color!! Now I am learning new thread types. LOL!!!

Beautiful free motion quilting. Pantos I will try soon!!!

Beth

Atlanta, Georgia

Hi Sylvia

Very nice quilting! You're really brave to have tackled your machine with such positive energy. :) My machine sat in the basement for weeks before I was brave enough to turn it on, let alone quilt something on it.

I also love the pantos right now but quilted two quilts freehand last week. Both were small and not large bed quilts.

I'm also a Dutch girl (my father's family is from Holland) and I hope to visit there one day soon....at the time when the tulips are in bloom and before it's too hot.

Rita

Canada

Sylvia - Prachtig!!! (I am Dutch too....my parents grew up in Holland and my brothers and sisters born there....I visit every once in awhile.....last time was in 2005....family in Vianen mostly) Good for you for being so daring with your new machine. You did a beautiful job! Keep showing us pictures.

Annette

Wow, seems like there are a lot of original Dutch ladies! Thank you for your compliments.

I love my Millie, we are getting along very well. I dust her every day, clean her after each quilt and pat her on the shoulder after each job. Seems like this is working!

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

www.sylkamode.com

Archived