fabric question from my daughter...

Jeana asked me this question:

"I have this really cool wrap called a Moby wrap and basically it's a really long piece of fabric that I can tie in a certain way and carry Stella. I absolutely love it. It's super comfy for me and baby girl. The only problem is that it is a knit fabric and pretty stretchy and it is strongly advised against tying it so the baby is on your back. There are plenty of wraps out the ok for that, they are woven but super pricey. I was wondering, oh so amazing fabric lady, if you could recommend a strong woven very slightly stretchy fabric I could use to make my own..... What about Osnaburg?"

Any ideas what slightly stretchy fabric would work for a "baby wrap"?

Thanks for your help!

My 3 daughters have used moby wraps, and have made them. In fact I think a friend made them from regular cotton also. If you are interested in other styles of baby carriers I could connect you with the daughter (now pregnant with #4) that has made different styles that can be front or back. I know she uses a sling a lot. She has also made them so the dads are willing to wear them with their baby. Her thought on making them is for pretty, useful, but affordable.

Archived