NQR Maddie turns 4

Heidi thanks for sharing your pictures!! She is beautiful!!! And she is just glowing with happiness....(or maybe it is the red dress :P) It is obvious that she enjoys visiting with you as you make her feel so loved and special! I really wish you could have her more often and that we lived closer so that she and Abby could play together! And we could sit and quilt - doesn't that sound like fun?

I can't believe how grownup Maddie looks! She looks adorable in her dress! You're so talented! I tried to make an American Girl dress and my friend had to read the pattern for me. I'm so glad the day was memorable for everyone. Heidi, you can give me a birthday party anytime.

Heidi, Thanks for sharing the photos of Maddie's birthday. You are a wonderful, wonderful person (I can see your halo glowing from here). The dress you made for her, along with the matching dress for her doll are just precious. Maddie is a beautiful child. The cake is adorable. You have given Maddie unconditional love and she will remember who loves her. My friend has been in a similar situation for many years. She cared for her Goddaughter when the mother was not around - since she was an infant. Through the years the mother would withhold the child from my friend and things got ugly at times. Her Goddaughter is now in high school and driving. Guess where she spends all of her free time? Yes, with her Godmother and extended family...with the people who have given her unconditional love her whole life. Keep the faith!

Those pictures just made me smile! :) She's a little princess and so adorable (and looks so much like her aunt Heidi!). So glad you could make her 4th birthday so special. I think not only has she stole your heart, but you're in a big piece of hers, too.

Jeanne,

There is a special pan. For years I used my glass 8 cup measuring cup. Worked great. My daugher got the pan. They also now have a cupcake size of these. I made several of these for my daughter and they were always a huge hit. I'm sure Maddie will want another. They are so versatile because you can make the dress however you want.

'Aunt Heidi', you are the absolute BESTEST aunt ever, and I know that Maddie loves you dearly! I will keep praying that the courts rule in Maddie's best interest and not just for the mother. Just because you can have children does not mean that you know how to parent.

You really made Maddie's birthday special and at 4 she will remember it all, always. What a good memory for her to carry with her when she is not with you!

Archived