HELP! S/R problems, stalling or stopping at times, then reving up

I'm having problems as I am sewing in S/R mode -- it is stalling or stopping as I'm stitching. Then the next time it may speed-up, or rev-up, for no apparant reason!

I have read the S/R forums and tried adjusting the black rubber wheel on the box, I checked the motor brushes, sprayed air to dust off the circuit boards, re-set the needle up/down, cleaned everything I can see, called service several times and we cannot seem to find a solution / fix to this problem!

This is obviously happening to others, per the messages I've read. If someone from APQS service could please call me or email me with some additional suggestions, I'd be most appreciative. I bought direct from APQS, so no one else to call.

630-416-4243

Cannot finish quilts like this! Frustrated Miller Owner:mad:

• 5 months later...

To update -- I was sent 2 new boards. Mother / daughter boards - simple to replace. Installed oct 2007.

The fix seemed to work for some time, but I've started having the some of the same intermittent trouble again. March 2007

In Stitch Regulator Mode only - makes a couple big stitches and then stops stitching - it actually stops in needle up position, fortunately, otherwise I would have ripped quilt tops!

Will be replacing the back axle (with SR box). If this doesn't work, must send back to Iowa to test wiring.

Julie,

I dont know if this will help or not, but I was having some of the same problems you are referring to. I replaced the crydom relay, then they sent new axles for me to try as well. Let me backup just a bit, before doing this I adjusted the little black wheel into the encoder box, that didn't help as it was as close as it was going to get, but there was still some slippage in the wheel. I would get long stitches like the encoder wheels were slipping and then I would get fast repeated stitches like the SR was trying to recover. Does that make any sense?

Well, talk about frustration, I was about to change out the mother boards, really didn't want to get involved with all of that. I really felt that it was my encoder wheel slipping and not anything to do with circuit boards. Just my gut feeling. So..... I took a small rubber band and put it around the encoder wheel so it was making better contact with the wheel. This stopped the problem. No more erratic behavior!

I showed this to Myrna when she was here in sept last year and she showed me an adjustment to make that no-one at the factory ever mentioned. I took off that little rubber band and have had no problems whatsoever!!! hooray! It is running like a dream. Anyway this is long so email me at patty@katydids.net and I will tell you what we did. Don't want to get anyone in trouble or have anyone making unnecessary adjustments if this is not their problem.

Patty

• 1 year later...

Hi Patty,

I'm having the same above mentioned problem and have been trying to get it resolved for most of today. Your post has me hopeful.

It's very late and I've decided to call it a night but would be very happy if there may be new information for me here tomorrow. Things always look better in the morning :)

If you or anyone else out there can help please do. Many thanks

I've had the same recurring problem. Done all the fixes suggested here and from Amy. I've sent my machine in once already and will again after I get some Christmas stuff done W/O SR. Sure glad it is still under warranty, the shipping of $170 was reimbursed last time, hopefully it will again.

Archived