Exciting Purchase! NOW W/PICS

I just bought a hand pieced partial antique quilt top at an auction today that belonged to my great great aunt! And extra cut out pieces were with it in the box along with the spool of thread! AND my priceless thrill only cost me $12.00!!

Here's the picture of the top and additional blocks and further in this thread is another picture of the back of one of the blocks to show the hand stitching and needle, thread, and paper pattern she more than likely used!

post--13461906398609_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

Oh wow - It looks like she did a very nice job on it too. I hope you find the time to work on it and make it into a beautiful family heirloom.

How sweet! I am quilting one now that was made by the owner's grandmother; it is about that vintage (1920's-30's). Beautifully hand pieced, like yours. I am kind of afraid of ruining it, & I hate to be covering up all that lovely hand stitching with machine work, but I am sure the family will treasure it. It is going to be given to the owner's new baby granddaughter, & hopefully will be around for a long time more.

Archived