NQR Joplin struggles

I have lots of photos similar to that when we went weekend before last. If we didn't have our GPS, there were places where we would have been lost. It definitely is a heart tugger and tear jerker to see it all. A group of quilters I sew with once a month are starting to make raffle quilts to donate the money to Joplin relief efforts. We got one top started and just lack putting borders on it to get it quilted and start raffling. We already had one quilt top donated to get started with our efforts. They are going to need help for a long long time.

There are so many unbelievable stories both good and bad coming from all of this. The way the residents of Joplin have handled this whole situation makes me proud to say I am from southern Missouri. I just feel like these are my people. I have felt their pain and celebrated their joys right along with them. You know this is not going to be over for them for a long time. Even after Fema is gone and the televsion cameras have found something else to report on, the people of Joplin will still be in recovery. Bless everyone who given their time, money and prayers for these folks.

Just incredible what a few minutes of a twister can do!!

One of the men at work has been down there on weekends. To begin with working search and recovery with his part time fire dept job. They weren't looking for people or bodies but body pieces. Since he has been volunterring with the clean -up. Comes in exhausted mentally and physically on Mondays.

Those pictures just give me the chills. They look so much like our town three years ago. You never forget the smell that stayed for several days after, sawdust. I feel so much for the families that lost members. I can't imagine not knowing where they were for days. We feel fortunate that we found my inlaws so quickly. I pray that this community is able to recover like ours has. Life is forever before the tornado and since.

Originally posted by Lynne in Iowa

Those pictures just give me the chills. They look so much like our town three years ago. You never forget the smell that stayed for several days after, sawdust. I feel so much for the families that lost members. I can't imagine not knowing where they were for days. We feel fortunate that we found my inlaws so quickly. I pray that this community is able to recover like ours has. Life is forever before the tornado and since.

Parkersburg ????

Mom and I are part of a group who are making quilts and donating bags of scraps to Joplin. I'm not the one in charge so I'm not sure who we will be sending the quilts to, but I'm sure there are quilters down there that have lost everything. Six of the twenty chiropractors in Joplin lost their businesses and two of those also lost their homes.

Appreciate continuing prayers for all those who live in Joplin and all the people who show up every day to help those in need.

Archived