Christmas Strip Exchange - Quilt finally done!

Linda Rech coordinated a Christmas strip exchange late in 2009 and I finally have completed the quilt. The pattern is similar to Eleanor Burns' Quicki Trip, except all of the strips are the same width, and I added a few fabrics to those received in the strip exchange. I pieced the quilt last year while visiting my sister, quilted it several months ago and finally got the binding completed Sunday. Quilted using the Circle Lord Zig Zag/Waves template.

2334279380105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

2317567240105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

2892412320105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Originally posted by nanbrug

Carmen may I ask how you did the design in the middle I really like that.

I used the Circle Lord Zig Zag/Waves template and played around with the Visualizer until I got the current designs for both the center of the quilt and also the border. Love this template, it is so versatile and there is so much that can be done with it!

Carmen and Kerry--both very pretty! I love how Carmen graded the colors across and I love Kerry's log cabin with the pretty fabric in the border.

I have a pile left over since I used the darks and brights in mine. It is presently covering the White treadle case and doesn't get put away after the holidays. Maybe I will make a smaller LC with what I have left.

Here is mine--it's small since I actually wanted it done before Christmas!

post--13461906406846_thumb.jpg

Archived