yankiequilter

Christmas Strip Exchange - Quilt finally done!

Linda Rech coordinated a Christmas strip exchange late in 2009 and I finally have completed the quilt. The pattern is similar to Eleanor Burns' Quicki Trip, except all of the strips are the same width, and I added a few fabrics to those received in the strip exchange. I pieced the quilt last year while visiting my sister, quilted it several months ago and finally got the binding completed Sunday. Quilted using the Circle Lord Zig Zag/Waves template.

2334279380105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

2317567240105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

2892412320105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

EF895DFA46EABF5DCB57E11F31E1DE91.png

Carmen in the Ozarks

Verry nice, I love what you chose for the quilting....I joined the same strip exchange,......This is what mine ended up as....

post--13461906404427_thumb.jpg

1208CB1FD43B6268025CE347F83F71E6.png
Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love. ~Author Unknown

Proud  Owner of an APQS Freedom with IQ
Kwilts by Kerry

very pretty. i still need to finish a few more blocks...then mine will be ready to set into a top. Hopefully by this Christmas I will have a new quilt. ;)

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!

Both quilts look wonderful!

I just bought the Zig Zag and can't wait to use it, but I have several custom quilts to do first for my Guild.

Sandra Darlington

Darlington Quilts

2005 APQS Liberty, Circle Lord Enhanced

sandradarlington@aol.com or

DarlingtonQuilts@Gmail.com

Now, exactly why didn't I join that exchange? Those quilts are great! Carmen, that quilting is to die for! I wish I could do that from the front!!!! I can't aford those long boards!

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

Originally posted by nanbrug

Carmen may I ask how you did the design in the middle I really like that.

I used the Circle Lord Zig Zag/Waves template and played around with the Visualizer until I got the current designs for both the center of the quilt and also the border. Love this template, it is so versatile and there is so much that can be done with it!

EF895DFA46EABF5DCB57E11F31E1DE91.png

Carmen in the Ozarks

Carmen and Kerry--both very pretty! I love how Carmen graded the colors across and I love Kerry's log cabin with the pretty fabric in the border.

I have a pile left over since I used the darks and brights in mine. It is presently covering the White treadle case and doesn't get put away after the holidays. Maybe I will make a smaller LC with what I have left.

Here is mine--it's small since I actually wanted it done before Christmas!

post--13461906406846_thumb.jpg

Linda Rech

Finely Finished Quilts

Millennium on Bliss rails--hand-guided

http://www.topperquilttools.com

Very Nice Linda

1208CB1FD43B6268025CE347F83F71E6.png
Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love. ~Author Unknown

Proud  Owner of an APQS Freedom with IQ
Kwilts by Kerry

Such pretty quilts. I keep getting my strips out and petting them, I guess I need to get busy and make a quilt.

Carmen love the use of the CL, you always amaze me. I need to use mine instead of looking at it on the shelf.