quilt topper tool

Sorry, I hit the return button before writing anything....

I'm thinking about getting a quilt topper tool to use, mainly for drawing patterns and following them with the laser rather than marking the quilt top. I thought I might also clamp a pattern board to it. My question is this...is it easy to stay in the grooves of a pattern board? I've looked at several photos on the sites of the various tools, etc. They all use an extention arm and stylus of some sort. Do any of you notice resistance when moving the machine? I have never tried out any of the add-ons and am not sure what to expect. Thanks for any input you all may have.

I haven't gotten my machine up and running yet, but the dealer (Carol Cunningham - wonderful lady!) let me use one of her Circle Lord pattern board while I was test driving the machine, and I didn't notice any drag at all. I'm going to test that more thoroughly once I finally get this show on the road.

The Circle Lord is smooth, no resistance and the stylus stays in the groove. Easy to set up and use and there are many design templates available with more being introduced all the time. In addition to the design templates that are used on the Circle Lord unit there are a lot of wonderful pattern boards available. Michael is customer oriented and always ready to help.

Archived