third time's the charm

Ok-sew my son & DH posted the pics for me - NO DOT SAY ITS EASY! ITS NOT!! I think some computer literate people forget that it is not the same for every one-I am NOT the only person who has this frustration!!!!!! I was much more excited about this quilt BEFORE attempting to post pics:mad::mad::mad:

Try to find the post with the directions-comes up NOT FOUND

AGAIN why can we not have a continuos post with the directions for posting pics?????? I guess it depends on who asks for it.

Anyway if anyone is still interested after reading my rant...The 1st picis the quilt top. Pls remember this quilt is NOT about the quilting rather it's about the applique all my own designs. sketched up for my client she approved the design,wrote a check for 1/2 the price (the other 1/2 due upon completion) and off I went.

2nd,3rd & 4th pics are taken while lying on the floor UNDERNEATH the quilt-I LOVE the way they look from there also-I can really see the scales on the fish. pls ignore the jump threads i hav'nt cut them yet. 5th pic is the top again. so far I am having a great time with this,

Patty Jo-I am using on of the tools I bought from you and the show in Idaho Falls! I love it-I wished I had thought to use it at the beginning of the flying geese-The 1st few I did freehand & they are just ok-once I started using the tool they are darn near perfect!!

When I get home from work tonite I'll get the tool-I cannot recall the name but it is a small curved tear drop type of ruler/template. It gives my geese kinda of a CC inside of the geese. I quilted it with black thread on black fabric so it is VERY hard to see. I can see it tho & am so happy with the ones I used her ruler on! DH says I am way too critical of my work!! LOL One of the MANY reasons I love him so much!;)

I'd like to see what you did with the rulers. I also bought some rulers and need ideas on what to do with them. Hope you will be able to post the phots without the teenagers. Did you learn how to do it and take notes? I'm glad I got a Mac, I have an easy time postings photo, even from my iphone camera. Beautiful quilting!!!:)

I am sorry ladies-I was out sick all of last week & yesterday was my 1st day back-I was so exhausted we had dinner sat on the porch then was in bed by 8:00. Was unable to get the template/ruler

PattyJo would know what it is. It's shapped like a curved tear drop. Worked great on my flying geese!

Hitomi - You can use the baby long tail to get that curve that Patty (Sewhappy) is talking about. It's very similar, not quite the same but real close. ;)

Patty - I can't wait to see this all finished. I'm glad that the rulers came in handy to help you with all of those geese....:)

Archived