Getting Old nqr

Guest Linda S

My brother and I used to cut and split firewood from the logging on my sister-in-law's property and sell it by the cord. Those days are long gone for me. I do kind of miss the chainsaw though. It was fun to use.

Originally posted by Boni

Maybe you should get out the old ax and build up your muscles? :D Oh, I remember the days we had wood heat. Bless you!

I split it in the winter heats me up, and i "split " all my frustrations at the same time. :P

DH bought me a 362xp husquvarna proffesional with a 20" bar for mothers day a couple years ago. The salesman tried to sell him a little wimpy one. He said "OH know that will p*** her off!!!":P:P

I'd rather cut it than load and stack!

Originally posted by penelopefabric

Originally posted by Boni

Maybe you should get out the old ax and build up your muscles? :D Oh, I remember the days we had wood heat. Bless you!

I split it in the winter heats me up, and i "split " all my frustrations at the same time. :P

DH bought me a 362xp husquvarna proffesional with a 20" bar for mothers day a couple years ago. The salesman tried to sell him a little wimpy one. He said "OH know that will p*** her off!!!":P:P

I'd rather cut it than load and stack!

I had a 42 inch McCullaugh (sp) 35 years ago when i had 2 kids and wood heat in an old farm house. My ex left just before winter. The salesman didn't want to sell me that one either.

HOLY CRAP! I DON"T THINK I EVER COULD HAVE USED A 42". And those old M's were HEAVY. You rock! Maybe you should come play chain saws by day Millie at night:D Ohio isn't that far....:D

oh, the frustrations i "split" back then(30 years ago) my ex ....kindling i made lots and lots of kindling.

Originally posted by Zora

One of the first pieces of advice I received when we moved to a small farm in the Ozarks was from a lady who told me "Whatever you do, don't let him teach you how to run the chainsaw." No problem!

LOL No kidding. I didn't tell my ex I knew how so he thought I would beg him to come back to cut the wood. My dad was afraid of it and I need the wood, so you know the rest. I don't think I could pull the rope today.

I also used to use a Husky - no more. Gave it to our son in Colo to use. We moved into a townhouse, so no more yardwork or cutting the fireplace wood - yeah! this one doesn't use wood - miss the smell of the wood, but not the work - just push the button

Archived