stitch regulator not working going horizontally

I am posting for my sister who has intermitten problems with the sr not working on the horizontal. Does not seem to be related to any wires being loose, etc. as it works on the diagonal and vertical. It will either takes no stitches or a few long stitches and it stops with the needle down and you cannot move it. has anyone experienced anything like this before. Today, after getting frustrated with it last night and leaving it, It is working correctly once again. It has done this before and with no changes just starts working again. It sounds really wierd, but I think the Gremlins get into it!!

It could be the encoder wheel slipping along the rail, causing the no stitches or long stitches. but the not moving it makes it sound more like a problem with the actual encoder. it would be best for her to call Amy or Dawn in service. If her machine is still under warranty, the encoder would be replaced if it a bad.

I just talked to Mark at APQS and he said when she is acting up to take the thread out and from the back, run the machine side to side, while moving the wire on the encoder and if it makes a different, I may just need a wire. He said that the encoder doesn't very offen brake down.

Archived