View from My Window - Summer!

Wow! I'm in a different corner of NJ - the wildlife I get to see from my quilt room is usually just my kids on their bikes :) We do get our share of deer, frogs, squirrels, beavers, and most recently some big snakes (4 foot long - yuck!). The bugs of New Jerey are also quite interesting - sometimes I don't know if I should step on it or call National Geographic!

Great picture of the bear family!

Yes, I really do live in New Joisey, I mean New Jersey. It is a state of contrasts and a bad reputation. And, yes, some of it is well earned!! I love that I can go from the mountains, lakes, city and the Atlantic Ocean beach in a day. We really like where we are now - the north west part of the state near the High Point State Park and monument. Lush, green a nd very rural, but still not far from NYC - about an hour's ride with no traffic.

Here are more photos. Two of our neighbors have cattle.

post--13461906467446_thumb.png

This is what our place looked like Friday night. I took this pic Saturday Morning. Now Sunday morning here and the water has receded. We had to rescue our horses from this pasture. They wouldn't come in on their own, and I had thought to wade out to them but the water was way over my knees. We ended up going out with the tractor....... We had water everywhere, but not in the house.....it come within 8 feet.

Who said all it does in the north is snow!!!!!! I live in Northern British Columbia, Dawson Creek.

post--13461906467673_thumb.jpg

Oh Lisa, if Frankie is there (either Sinatra OR Valli) New Joisey is just fine with me!!!

My DH took me to "Jersey Boys" for my birthday and we sang the whole way home!!! hahaha

Love all the pics!

It's been gloomy and rainy here all last week. Finally have some sun today for the National Drags in Norwalk. Go John Force!!

Lisa what a great scene. Bears are my favorite. My quilt room is done in bears and the name of my busines is Bear Cabin Quilting. We have one that makes a pass thru once in awhile but have never spotted them yet just a paw print and they took my trash cans for a long walk.LOL Thanks for sharing

Hi.

I am glad you are enjoying this off-topic! It is great to see what you all see in your "neck of the woods"!!

We love the wild life here too. It is amazing. I grew up in NJ all my life - in the suburbs - and saw robins, pidgeons, squirrels and other common city-type critters. Visiting a friend in more central Jersey, I was thrilled to see a few deer. Now, we are plagued by them eating all out plantings!

It is fun and great for the kids. We look forward to seeing the baby "spots" (our word for the newborn deer with their white polka dots), skunk families, ground hogs, chipmonks, dozens of different birds (including our annual return of hummingbirds, bluebirds, cardinals and the dinosaur-like heron), fox, coyotes, bear, possum, racoons, bobcat (?), snapping turtles nesting in our back yard (the bear or skunk ate the eggs last week) and on ocassion, the escapped horse, black angus or hefford cattle! We hear but rarely see the owls. We know one is a barred owl. We had a red tailed hawk...we found him dead on the side of the road. Not sure why. It took a while before another took his territory.

My daughter wants to rehab rescued critters. She nursed five baby field mice last summer. One lived 5 days before the big rain storm came and chilled & drowned him. Very sad. She fed them milk via a leaf. Then she hatched and kept alive a baby bird given to her by a rescue person.

All this nature got me inspired to make a bird quilt...of course it is a UFO, but some day it will be finished!!

Nanbrug, I have more bear photos if you would like!

Nature is amazing!

I would love more photos. I was just showing DH the pics he thought that was pretty neat. We had one climb a telephone pole in Streetsboro and sadly fell to his death last year. I'm hoping there will be more coming around as long as I'm not face to face with one. LOL

Archived